Lost

---a little while after where we left off---

Jc's POV
Finally! It's the weekend! First thing I do when I wake up is check Instagram. Normal weekend morning. I scroll and scroll until I come across a picture Max posted yesterday. It was a really cute selfie so I liked it and decided to look through the rest of her account (don't act like its creepy cause we all do it). Then, just randomly, I look at her bio. There's a date there with heart emojis around it. Wait, so that means... she's dating someone. My heart instantly breaks into two. She's dating someone. I can't even repeat it because it makes me want to cry. Sadness turns into anger and then anger turns back to sadness. Just a whole mix of emotions. I don't even know what to do anymore. I start to let my mind get the best of me and I start to think. Who could she be dating? Taylor? No, she hates him, she thinks he's a jerk. I think for a little while longer and it finally hits me. Sam.

I check his Instagram and he has the same date in his bio. I get up and punch a pillow. I take a few deep breaths, but it doesn't work. I flop face down on my bed. I decided to text her. I without a response I start to cry. I realize what's going on and I calm down. Then I text Sam. He says yes. I throw my phone down on the bed. Since I can't live without my phone I pick it up again.

Long story short, Sam and I are not on the best of terms. I just feel so lost and lonely.

Max's POV
I get a text from Jc. Oh crap, he must've seen Instagram. I ignore it and text Sam and ask him what to do. He says he and Jc just had a little text fight and to not respond for a little while. I feel his pain. I felt that way when he started dating Lia. Now they're broken up and I've left him when he wants me. And especially after how he's treated me. Forgetting what Sam told me, I call Jc. We small talk for a few minutes until I talk about the important stuff. I tell him how I feel and he tells me the same. He promises that he'll make it up to me and that... he loves me. I guess our hearts feel the same once more. I too feel lonely and lost. But what matters is that I have my friends, family and Sam to help me through.