Human

Trevor's POV

I could barely get it out. I knew I couldn't keep it from them forever. It's killing me to think that my sister could die any minute.

Jc's POV

"W-when did you find out?" I asked. "When she was thirteen, I was twelve." he said. My heart sank as the memories came flooding back.

Flashback

This is the third day Max has been out of school. She's missed two beatings already and I'm not cheating again. After school we went to the Moran's. We were walking up to Max's room when Trevor stopped us. "No, guys! You don't understand! Stop!" he said trying to hold us back. We threw open the door and grabbed her from her bed. We did the usual and left her laying on the ground as Trevor cried next to her.

End flashback

The tears were falling now. "Guys, we've been torturing her for so long even though she's been suffering enough." I said wiping away the tears. Everyone else was crying too. The ambulance drove away. "I should've helped her, not follow you guys' stupid game! She said I was her best friend." Sam shouted, he was taking it really hard. "When can we go see her?" Connor said sniffling. "Tomorrow. Later today if we're lucky." Trevor said running a hand through his hair as I did so as well. "I gotta go, call us when we get to see her or if you just need someone to talk to." I said slowly walking back to the car. Everyone else said "me too" except Sam who decided to stay with Trevor.

---later that day---

Connor's phone rang. He said it was Trevor. They talked for a few seconds until Connor hung up and said, "we got lucky." We all jumped up and ran to the car. Kian drove. Yeah, I know, we're gonna die😉. Luckily, we got there safely and asked to see Max Moran. "Yes you may. Room 36D" the nurse said (is that how hospital rooms are numbered?). We walked in to see a crying Trevor and Sam. Max looked miserable. She was pale and had dark circles around her eyes, she was barely awake. "Hey guys." she said, her voice raspy and sad. I smiled slightly and said, "Max, I'm so sorry for all those years we tortured you even though you were sick and suffering already." "It's okay, I forgive you guys." she said trying to smile but was clearly too weak to do so. "How ya feeling?" Ricky said as I took a seat beside her hospital bed next to Sam. "Tired." was all she said before closing her eyes and falling asleep.