Say Something

Sam's POV

She jumped. How could we let her do that? Trevor told me she couldn't swim well. We were all paralyzed but before I knew it I was running and jumping off the pier too.

Max's POV

I struggled but I swam really deep under the surface and I was loosing my breath. I can't believe I'm actually doing it. Everything was fading into a white blur when I saw someone jump in. Then it all turned white....

Sam's POV

I looked around and saw her. I swam up to her but her eyes closed. I grabbed her head and shook it a little. I grabbed her waist and swam to the surface with Max in my arms. I laid her down on the shore, her face pale and her lips a sad shade of blue. I held her cold little hand in mine as I looked down at her lifeless body. Trevor kissed her forehead and cried silently to himself as I stroked her hair. "Connor you were a lifeguard, help her!" Kian said pushing Connor forward. He performed CPR until she opened her eyes and coughed up water. She took ragged breaths and looked around frantically. Trevor wrapped his arms around her and gave a sigh of relief. She gave a look of disappointment. "W-what's wrong?" I asked. "I wanted to die!" she said loudly. Everyone looked down with guilt clearly in their eyes. "Just take me home." she said irritated. We did as we were told. The car ride was silent as Max stared out the window angrily.

Max's POV

How could my plan not work? I need to do it or I'll go nuts. I stomped inside and up to my room, my favorite room in the house. I flopped down on my bed, disappointed at my failure. Well as they always say, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.