Pearl

Max's POV

I got through the day dreading the end of school. I was getting my textbook out of my locker when Kian slammed it closed. "Will you leave me alone? You can wait till your little posse gets here to torture me." and with that he left.

I got through the rest of the day without wanting to kill myself. I met Trevor at the bush we always me at. Following him were Kian and Sam. I looked down as Trevor said, "ready to go?" I nodded and followed them to Ricky's car. I was shoved into the car and took the window seat. The whole car ride I looked out the window and pretty much zoned out of life. That was until someone slammed my head into the glass. I cupped my head with my shaky hands. I felt something warm and wet above my eye. I looked at my fingers and they were covered with blood. I tried not to make it a big deal but Trevor just had to say, "oh my god you're bleeding!" "Its fine." I said looking away. But on the inside I was everything but fine. I was tortured, abused, broken.

They took us to the o2l house where I got my "daily beating". They through me on the floor, but at this point in my life I could probably just drop onto the floor. I was hit, kicked, punched, the usual. Nothing serious. They called me names and told me I'm worthless, it's not like I haven't heard it before. I grabbed my backpack and walked home. We only lived a few blocks down so its not that far of a walk. I went into my room and rested my tired body. I thought about the boys. What did I ever do to them? Was I annoying? Bossy? Whatever, it's not like they're gonna stop anytime soon. I don't think Trevor's even trying anymore. I wouldn't. Oh right, I don't. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the bathroom. I was a fat ass. I had chipmunk cheeks. I looked down at my arms, all scarred up and weird looking. They were boney yet flabby at the same time. My hands were always shaking, even when I wasn't scared. One of the boys kicked a nerve and now I can't stop shaking (I'm not sure if thats how it works but just pretend). I promised Trevor and myself that I wouldn't cut but it's getting harder and harder to keep that promise. I walked out into the hallway trying to reduce the urge to grab that razor and slice up my whole arm. I took a deep breath and walked back to my room. I skipped dinner and just fell asleep.

I woke up happy its a Friday. I did my regular morning routine. I ran out the door hoping no one would see me. Wow, it actually worked! A happy me walked into school when I saw Sam leaning against my locker. "Hi, Sam!" I said walking over to him. "Hey!" he said. "I gotta go, see ya later!" he said as the bell rang. I quickly grabbed my books and scurried to class.

---skip school cause no one wants to hear about that---

We met at the bush as usual and walked to Ricky's car. I was getting into the back when Ricky (who was driving btw) said, "no, no, no. Max is sitting in the front." "I am? Since when?" I asked confused. "Just get into the front!" he yelled louder than I expected. I got into the passenger seat and buckled up. All my happiness from the day was drained from my body. "Are you scared for today's beating?" Ricky asked deviously. I simply answered, "no." "Then why are you shaking?" Kian butted in from the back seat. "Because of you." I said. The whole world fell silent for the rest of the car ride home.