Bittersweet

Max's POV

I heard the doorbell ring but I didn't bother to answer it. Luckily Trevor did but right after that I heard a slap. I guessed a branch just broke outside so I let it go (I know you're singing Let it go). I heard yelling so I ran downstairs and saw Jc on top of Trevor about to punch him. "STOP!" I screamed. I grabbed Jc by the back of his shirt and pulled him off my brother. "What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted. "You told him! Trevor's right you are a b*tch." he said. Did you hear that? It was my heart shattering. I ran up to my room to write my goodbyes to everyone.

I just sat at my little desk rereading my goodbye letters. I thought, no one would care if I died, but then there's Trevor. Before I thought, I love Trevor too much to put him through that pain but I heard what Jc said. I put them all in a pile and left them on the table and ran out the door. Now how will I do this? Well I can't swim very well, so I'll just jump off the pier. Perfect.

Trevor's POV

I took Jc to the living room so I could yell at him in private. "Jc I never said that!" I whispered/yelled. "I know. Later loser!" he said and ran out the door. I went to Max's room and she wasn't there. I called her name a few times but she never answered. I looked all around the house when I found a pile of letters. It was from Max. There was letters to all the o2l boys, my mom and me. I only read the one to me. It was a suicide letter. It read,

Dear Trevor,

You've been the best little brother anyone could ask for. I love you with all my heart and I couldn't thank you enough for helping me all the way here. I will always feel guilty for doing this but I couldn't go on, I hope you'll understand. I just want to know one last thing, was what Jc said true? I will miss you more than anyone and I hope you know that. I'm so sorry.

I'll love you and miss you forever,

Max

By the end I was crying. It's all my fault. I didn't protect her and thats what I was supposed to do. I picked up the letters and ran to the boys house (again).

I didn't even bother knocking, I just barged in. "Hey Trevor!" they all said. "Read this!" I said handing all of them their letter. I didn't want to read mine again, I wanted to rip it up and throw it out the window but I couldn't do that to Max. Everyone was crying from there letter. "Well m-maybe we can still save her?" Jc said. "Okay." I said with a little bit of hope. We got in the car and searched all over town. We saw a girl standing barefoot on the edge of the pier. I recognized the girl immediately. "Max!" I yelled. She looked back at me and the boys standing by the car and shot us a look of worry. Then she jumped.