Backseat Serenade

There's a long pause in the video before the music starts, so it works just wait a little. BE PATIENT!

Max's POV
I woke up to a text. Dang my ringtone is loud. It was from Jc. Crap. It read...
(J= Jc and M= Max)
J- hey r u free today?
M- maybe. Y?
J- I want to surprise u. So u know that I care about u
M- ok can u pick me up at 11?
J- sure cya then👋

What have I gotten myself into? I got off my lazy bum and got ready for the day. Once I was done I went downstairs to get something to eat. "Hey beautiful," Sam said wrapping his arms around my waist. I jumped, forgetting he slept over. I felt guilty for making him sleep on the couch. "Sam! You scared me," I whispered, careful not to wake anyone up. We laughed a little and I turned around. "That was the point," he said as I jokingly pushed him away. "So Jc said he was going to 'make it up to me today'," I saw Sam make a disgusted face at the mention of his name. "Oh stop it. He's probably taking me to the carnival or something," his jaw loosened up. "Alright, but please be safe," he said with a worried tone of voice. "I will, don't worry," I said as I kissed his cheek. "Now what do you want for breakfast?"

---later that day---

Sam had already left and the doorbell rang. It was Jc, smiling like an idiot. I smiled back as he said, "ready?" I simply responded with, "ready Freddy." We got in his car and left. As we were driving and listening to the radio I heard a very familiar song come on. "Turn it up!" I happily screeched. Of course it was Backseat Serenade by All Time Low. "Backseat serenade, dizzy hurricane! Oh god I'm sick of sleeping alone," I screamed as the song played on. Jc just smiled and laughed as we got to our destination. Guess where we went? The carnival! Wow I'm a great guesser. It's cliche, I know, but it was really sweet of him. We played games, ate food, and walked around for hours. We got some cotton candy and exited. We sat in the car talking and watching the sunset for a while until he brought what I dreaded he would bring up. "Look, Max, I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you," he said turning to me, "I didn't know why until now. I like You Max, a lot, and I know you don't like me back but just hear me out. You know how guys tease girls if they like them? Well I guess I took it to the next level. I know it's a stupid excuse and you probably won't forgive me, but it's true. I've been so stupid over the last five years and I'm sorry." I stared at him speechless. Should I forgive him? Should I not? "Oh Jc," I cried and through my arms around him. Did I make the right choice? Yeah, I think so. He seemed so distraught over it and he's my friend. I don't want to see him like that. Oh god, I hope I made the right choice.

My friend met All Time Low on Friday and I had to tell my teachers why she was absent and turns out my Italian teacher loves them. Awkward. I also have an Italian project due tomorrow and I didn't start. Oops. I'm also thinking about writing a Newsies fanfic cause I'm writing one in my notes on my phone. Idk yet but anyway have a nice day! BYEEEE👋❤️