Part 20 "Promise"

*You pick up your phone and call your dad.

RDJ: Hello sweetheart

Y/N: dad?

RDJ: Is everything alright? You sound a little sad.

Y/N: I'm going to ask you something now and I'm going to ask you to tell me the truth now.

RDJ: You're scaring me a little bit, but alright.

Y/N: I-Is it true that you asked Tom to be friends with me?

*When you ask him that, it's quiet on the phone for a little while*

Y/N: Dad? Please I need an answer

RDJ: Y-Yes, I asked him to. You just moved here and I wanted you to have someone to talk to. Are you mad now?

Y/N: No dad I'm not mad.

*You immediately hang up and put your phone away. You notice tears running down your cheek. You never expected Tom to ever yell at you like that and also to say that you did it on purpose. It's obvious you don't like Nadia, but is happy with her and that's why of course you're happy that he is. You go upstairs and somehow try to calm down, but don't manage it. Fortunately, the tiredness is a bit stronger and then makes you sleep at least for a few hours*

*The next morning you are woken up by your alarm clock. You get up and put on something more comfortable and is still something before you are picked up by your bodyguard. When the doorbell rings you quickly go to get your suitcase and open the door for Max*

M: Hey Mrs. Downey are you ready to go?

Y/N: I am

*Max takes your suitcase and you get in the car. It's not a long drive, but you somehow still try to sleep, but you can't get Tom's words out of your head. You can't help but think back to the time before he got together with Nadia*

*A few weeks before*

*It's a very nice day. The sun is shining and it's really warm. The Holland brothers, haz and you went to a small lake. You are all in the water. Is there a little hill by the lake where you can jump into the water, everyone has already jumped except you*

T: Darling you don't have to be afraid. Nothing will happen to you

Y/N: Have you seen how high it is? What if I come up the wrong way?

S: Y/N now jump!

P: I made it too

T: I am here darling. I'll make sure nothing happens.

Y/N: Promise?

T: Promise!

*You close your eyes and jump into the water. You notice two hands wrapping around you and holding you tight. You open your eyes and look into Tom's beautiful brown eyes*

T: I told you nothing will happen to you. I will always be by your side. No matter what happens

*You are pulled from your thoughts as cars honk. You look out the window and say quietly to yourself*

Y/N: "I will always be by your side. No matter what happens"