Invasion: Part II

Aang glided toward us dodging the fireballs sent his way. As he landed Sokka rushed up to him with a worried expression on his face.

"Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big win=mp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down?" Sokka pleaded with the Avatar.

"He wasn't home," Aang stated with a shocked expression. "No one was. The entire city is abandoned."

"They knew!" Sokka breathed looking out at the town.

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse," Aang muttered his disappointment.

"No. My instincts-" I rolled my eyes "-tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker. Somewhere he could go so it'll be safe during a siege but still be close enough to lead his nation."

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm just the girl to find it," Toph pointed to herself.

I smiled at the girl. Sokka pulled out a timing device and stated we had ten minutes before the eclipse took its full effect. I looked at Aang, it was his decision if we stayed or left. The Avatar nodded to us and decided to move forward with the mission. Toph, Sokka, and Aang ran off to find the secret bunker while Katara and I stayed behind to help our dad.

A pit dropped in the pit of my stomach as I watched Appa fly away. Something wasn't right. This whole fight was taking a turn, and not for the better...

Zuko's POV

I stood in front of the large that my father sat behind. Taking a deep breath, I glared at the blockage. It was time for me to face him. It was time for me to speak my mind and leave. It was time for me to find Kadence and apologize. With a heavy sigh, I yanked the door open and barged into the room. My father sat in front of a large red tapestry with the Fire Nation Insignia. He stopped just as he brought the tea to his lip.

"Prince Zuko, what are you doing here?" He asked, clearly surprised to see me here and not with Azula. I stayed quiet. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here, to tell the truth," I stated finding my voice.

"Telling the truth during the middle of an eclipse. This should be interesting."

He waved the guards away as he set down his cup. His eyes glared at me. A cold feeling washed over me, but I pushed through it. The guards slowly departed the room, leaving my father and I alone.

"First of all," I growled, "in Ba Sing Se, it was Azula who took down the Avatar, not me."

"Why would she lie to me about that?" My dad asked, clearly not believing me.

"Because the Avatar is not dead. He survived." A look of shock flashed across his features, angry with the information. "In fact, he's probably leading this invasion. He could be on us right now."

My dad jumped from his seat, furious.

"Get out! Get out of my sight right now if you know what's good for you!" He threatened.

"That's another thing... I'm not taking orders from you anymore." I said defiantly.

"You will obey me or this defiant breath will be your last!" He threatened as he walked toward me.

I took a step back and unsheathed my broadswords off my back. Whipping them in front of me, I growled at him.

"Think again! I am going to speak my mind and you are going to listen!" I yelled.

Slowly, my father backed away from me and took his seat once again. A small sigh of relief left my mouth. Resting my arms by my sides I glared at the man who was supposed to be my father. A cruel, unforgiving person, meant to love me.