Azula

The next morning, I stood over a fire, stirring the contents of a large pot. The heat kissed my skin and I relished the feeling of the warmth. My mind traveled over toward the large tent. No one had seen Iroh or Zuko all morning. I was beginning to get worried. Brushing my thoughts aside, I turned back to the porridge and quickly filled a few bowls before dispersing them to the group.

As I bent over the pot once more, a warm hand rested on my shoulder, startling me. I dropped the ladle and spun on my heal, only to be met with the warm, wrinkly eyes of Iroh. I smiled at the man.

"Good morning... General," I hummed.

"Thank you," he muttered and I cocked a brow at him. "You brought him back to me."

"He did that... all on his own," I whispered.

My eyes slowly traveled over to the young man. He sat next to Sokka and slowly at the contents of his bowl. I turned away from Iroh and filled a few more bowls before taking a seat next to Suki. We ate in silence for a bit, letting the peace wash over us.

"Uncle, you're the only person other than the Avatar who can possibly defeat the Father Lord," Zuko stated.

"You mean Fire Lord," Toph quipped.

"That's what I just said," Zuko stuttered. "We need you to come with us."

"No, Zuko," Iroh stated, setting down his chopsticks. "It won't turn out well."

"You can beat him and we'll," Zuko turned to us with hopeful eyes, "be there to help."

"Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could. It would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as just more senseless violence, brother killing brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord," Iroh said with wisdom dripping from his mouth.

"And then... then you would come and take your rightful place on the throne?" Zuko asked hopefully.

"No. Someone," he shot a pointed look at his nephew, "new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart and unquestionable honor. It has to be you, Prince Zuko."

"Unquestionable honor?" Zuko questioned his uncle's words. "But I've made so many mistakes."

"Yes, you have," Iroh did not deny his nephew's statement. "You struggled, you suffered but you have always followed your own path. You have restored your own honor. And only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation."

"I'll try, Uncle."

"Well, what if Aang doesn't come back?" Toph asked the question the rest of us were thinking.

"Sozin's Comet is arriving, and our destinies are upon us. Aang will face the Fire Lord," Iroh said defiantly. "When I was a boy, I had a vision that I would one day take Ba Sing Se. Only now do I see that my destiny is to take it back from the Fire Nation so that the Earth Kingdom can be free again."

"That's why you gathered the members of the White Lotus," Suki hummed.

"Yes. Zuko, you must return to the Fire Nation so that when the Fire Lord falls, you can assume the throne and restore peace and order." Iroh stated to his nephew who was looking attentively at him. "But Azula will be there, waiting for you."

A frown crossed his handsome features before he looked up, determined.

"I can handle Azula," Zuko said confidently.

"Not alone," Iroh said. "You'll need help."

"You're right," Zuko looked up and turned toward me. "Kadence," he whispered before looking toward Katara, "Katara, how would you like to help me put Azula in her place?"