Ch. 17: Someone Who Knows

Slam!

Jeongin jumps at the sudden sound before him as Juyeon looks at him disapprovingly, her hand on her hip and her upper lip slightly lifted in annoyance as she looks at the boy before her, the book she had thrown to the ground lying open and face-down on the floor.

"What are you even talking about?!" Juyeon yells and Jeongin smiles nervously as he keeps his gaze to the floor and he slowly brings his hand to his head.

"Ah... sorry, I must have been mistaken," he says apologetically.

"That's right! You definitely were mistaken! You know I don't really like being mistaken for someone I'm not so you better not do it again!" Juyeon shouts at him, really angrily this this time as Jeongin keeps his nervous smile. "Will you stop that?!" Juyeon suddenly yells and the boy looks back at her with slightly widened eyes.

"W-what?"

"Stop smiling like that! Aish, it's so annoying!"

Jeongin's smile immediately completely fades, and he bites his lower lip as he lowers his head again. "Ah, sorry," he says as he keeps his head down again.

Meanwhile, you're just walking around the corner to go meet with Hyunjin (you just want to know why you couldn't reach him a while ago) when you come across this exact scene. Your brows rise up in curiosity when you see Jeongin, then when you notice his facial expression, you turn your gaze, and your brows furrow when you see Park Juyeon, once again, bullying someone.

You were almost going to help Jeongin this time just as Juyeon starts yelling at him again when you suddenly feel two pairs of hands on your shoulders before they pull you back.

You shout briefly before you turn to the people who had pulled you back, almost grabbing and twisting their arms when you suddenly hear a familiar voice.

"Yah, where were you?! We thought you said you were at the old storage room!"

Your eyes widen when you hear Denise's voice, then your brows furrow as a thought forms inside your head. "Yeah, forget it. They deserve it, anyway."

In the next second, you turn to your friends and soon Denise and Youngmin are shouting in pain as you hold their arms in a twisted position.

"O-ow, ow, ow, ow," Denise complains while Youngmin struggles to set his hand free from your grip. Eventually, you let them go, and they both rub their arms as they look at you with furrowed brows.

"I told you both she would do that," Yunho says with a playful smirk as he approaches the three of you, and your two friends turn to him with an annoyed look... but the look on your face seems even more annoyed as you turn to him. And Yunho seems to notice just that just as you walk towards him. "W-w-w-wait! What did I d- Ow!"

Holding Yunho by the ear, you pull him behind you as you walk back to class. "And you call yourself a friend. This is what you get for not even texting me!"

"Well, I didn't want to get into trouble- Ow, ow, ow, ow!" Yunho shouts as you pull harder on his ear and Youngmin and Denise follow the both of you, still rubbing their arms.

Meanwhile, Jeongin still has his head down as Juyeon looks down on him with a look of disapproval. Tears have formed in his eyes and are threatening to fall, but he doesn't really want to show people when he's crying. He's only ever wanted to show them his smile.

Juyeon was just about to say something against him again when someone suddenly steps in between them, facing Juyeon.

Minho angrily glares down at the girl who raises her gaze at him only for her eyes to widen when she realizes who had stood between her and her victim. Minho's expression doesn't change at all at Juyeon's reaction to him. "Juyeon, what do you think you're doing?" he asks, his arms folded.