Ch. 45: "Kid Problem"

You groan as you shift in your position and your brows furrow as you move. Still pretty groggy from sleep, you slowly open your eyes wondering where you are and what had happened, and why exactly you had fallen asleep in such an uncomfortable position. Your questions are answered when you look up and see Jisung looking down at you with a curious gaze from his seat that had mysteriously seemed to have gotten closer to yours.

A brief surprised shout escapes you as you quickly sit up and move back only to suddenly feel something falling from your back. You quickly turn to it to see a denim jacket lying between your back and the backrest of your seat. Jisung's jacket.

"Oh, sorry. Did I scare you?" Jisung asks and you turn back to him with a questioning gaze. He had known you had fallen asleep. And he just let it happen?

"Why... why didn't you wake me up?" you ask him, your brows furrowed in confusion. Jisung's brows rise questioningly, and in the next second, he becomes surprised when you suddenly start groaning with your hand on your forehead as you turn away from him. "Aish, I could have gotten more work done if I was awake," you conplain. Your words then cause the young man seated beside you to look at you with furrowed brows.

"But you needed the rest, too, though," he says, and you turn back to him.

A smirk forms on your face as you look at him. "Oh, yeah? And how would you know that?" Your smirk only fades a second later, when Jisung just looks at you with scolding concern, his brows still furrowed.

"And what if you ended up fainting just like back in high school?" he asks.

Your eyes widen. "How... How did he-"

"Changbin told me about it," he then continues. "In fact, he told everyone of us, that time in the clinic when you were both brought there."

"Ah... of course," you think. "I almost forgot about that." At this point, it didn't really matter anyway whether they knew about your secret rapping schedule back in high school or not. After all, you had other problems to deal with.

"Y/N..." Jisung calls your name, and you turn back to him, suddenly feeling your heart pound from hearing your name with his voice. "Stop pushing yourself too hard. It's not good for yo-"

"And why do you even care, huh?!" you suddenly ask, cutting him off as you turn back to him with a frown.

Jisung's eyes widen. Why would you suddenly be having an outburst when he's just telling you to take care of yourself? Or is it because it was him who said it? "I-I- Well-"

You then turn away bitterly from him, leaving him even more flustered before he lets out a silent sigh. In the next second, Jisung just looks at you with a hopeless expression.

"You know what... Never mind..." he says softly as he turns away, only to turn back to you a second later. "But you should at least-" He freezes, however, when he suddenly finds himself face to face with you, after you had turned towards him after he last spoke, your face too close to each other. Both your eyes widen in the next second.

"This..."

"Seems..."

"Familiar..."

Your breathing stops, and you look into Jisung's eyes as he looks into yours. You gulp when his eyes drift down to your lips then back to your eyes. "W-what-"

"Are you okay... with this?" he asks softly, almost as if he's being completely cautious of you. You only gulp again when you see that glint in his eyes, flashing before he himself gulps.

He doesn't say another word as he moves closer to you, his eyes slowly closing as he gets closer.

Panic only starts to form inside you, however, as this happens. "Oh. Gosh. Oh. My. GOSH?!" At this point, your heart is beating rapidly and beating hard, and it seems the only thing you can look at is Jisung as he gets closer and closer, his eyes now fully closed as he just waits for his lips to meet yours. You just close your eyes as you wait for it to happen.