Ch. 7: Two in the Morning

"Aish!" you complain as you finally wake up, and you sit up on the clinic bed as you realize where you are. You look around, then you quickly realize that you're not alone when you see someone lying on another bed on the other side of the room. You're not so surprised to see that it's Changbin.

Changbin lets out a sigh as he hears you shuffling in your bed, but he keeps his gaze on the ceiling as he lies on his back with his hands on his stomach. When he feels your gaze on him, he lets out a soft chuckle before he speaks. "I guess we stayed up too late last night, huh?" he asks and you sigh and look away from him, sitting up on your bed while folding your legs towards your chest.

You chuckle as well and a small smile forms on your face as you respond. "Yeah... But then again, if you think about it, 2:00 a.m. isn't really night anymore. So technically... we stayed up too early?" you say as you turn to Changbin to see him looking at you with a weird expression. "What?" you ask him.

He suddenly lets out a laugh as he looks away from you. "It's nothing. I heard you fainted," he suddenly says, changing the topic and you nod as you look infront of you.

"Yeah. Youngmin brought me here," you tell him as you rest your chin on your arm which is resting on your knees. "What about you?" you ask Changbin as you turn back to him, your brow raised. "Did you faint as well?"

A teasing smile forms on Changbin's face as he looks at you. "I don't faint easily, you know. But my head did hurt a lot, so I was told to come here."

You wear a convinced expression on your face as you nod. "Good for you, then. You wouldn't be fainting just anywhere. Meanwhile, I might even just faint in the most unfortunate places," you say sarcastically as you wave your arms in the air and lay back down on the bed.

Changbin looks at you with furrowed brows. "What are you talking about? You're not that weak."

You chuckle at his statement. "Thanks for your kind words, but let's be realistic, shall we?" you say as you turn your head towards him only for you to see him looking at you with sincere eyes.

"You're not weak," he repeats, and your eyes widen in surprise before a smile forms on your face and you look up at the ceiling again.

"Well, if only that were true. But just because I often get into fights doesn't mean there's no way I would be weak," you say and Changbin furrows his brows again as he turns to you.

"Why do you-"

Suddenly, before he could even finish his sentence, however, the door swings open and his friends barge in.

"Yah, Changbin-hyung! What were you really even doing last night anyway?!" Jisung asks out loud as he enters and you shut your eyes tight in annoyance at the noise while Changbin quickly sits up on his bed as his friends approach him. Even Seungmin and Jeongin have arrived.

"What are you guys doing here? And keep it down. You guys aren't the only ones here," Changbin tells his friends, scolding Jisung in particular as he gestures to you now sitting on your bed awkwardly.

You don't usually lose your calm around people, but for some reason, all these boys being here is making you feel awkward. Especially Hwang Hyunjin and... Lee Felix, as you had read from his name tag when you glanced towards him just a few seconds ago.

Jisung glances towards you after Changbin gestures towards you, and a look of surprise and realization forms on his face as he looks away from you and back at Changbin, quickly lowering the volume of his voice, whispering even as he points at you while asking Changbin. "Her head hurt, too?"

"She fainted," Changbin replies plainly and Jisung drops his hand as he mumbles an "oh". His gaze lowers to the ground.

You heard everything. But you tried to ignore it. You even try to ignore them. But something urged you to take another glance. Just another glance. And when you did, you find your eyes widening once again in surprise when you suddenly meet the eyes of the boy that you had saved that morning, looking at you with wide eyes as well.