Ch. 25: Deja Vu, and a Strange Feeling

"So... what are you doing here?" Hyunjin asks as he drops his duffel bag while looking at Jisung suspiciously.

The both of them had apparently ran into each other in the same gym coincidentally on both their first days, and upon their meeting, the atmosphere didn't seem that pleasant.

"Nothing. I'm just here because I want to protect someone," Jisung responds simply as he continues stretching his arms. "What about you?" he then asks as he turns his gaze to Hyunjin. "What are you doing here?"

Hyunjin shrugs as he wears a nonchalant expression on his face and he starts stretching as well. "Same as you. I came here because I want to protect someone."

"Who? Y/N?" Jisung asks, and Hyunjin glances towards him before looking ahead and asking in a more challenging tone.

"Yes. And you're here so you could protect Park Juyeon, am I right?"

Jisung doesn't respond for a while, but he eventually nods. "Yeah. Yeah... that's right."

That's basically where there conversation ends. Ever since this morning when Hyunjin questioned Jisung on the photo from the post consisting of him, their relationship and casualty around each other seemed to start... deteriorating. And they don't even know why. They both know that neither of them had feelings for you, and even if one of them did, it wouldn't be Jisung because he already likes Park Juyeon. It would be totally okay if Hyunjin started having feelings for you since you're basically his girlfriend. And yet...

"Just why do I keep helping her when it's supposed to be his job?"

"Just why does he keep helping her when it's supposed to be my job?"

Not even fifteen minutes have passed by when the door to the gym opens again and the two boys turn to it to see two familiar faces, their eyes soon widening when they recognize you, ponytail and all.

"Oh? Jisung? Hyunjin? What are you guys doing here?" Yunho asks beside you while you look towards the two boys with a surprised expression before you quickly look away, only to steal a quick glance of Jisung again a second later.

You really hadn't seen him at all since this morning when he visited you in the clinic. But you had questions for him, and you wanted them answered as quickly as possible before you forget. But how can you approach him about it now that Hyunjin and one of your friends are here?

You ended up deciding to just wait until your classes are over.

"Reasons," Hyunjin replies simply, and you turn to him with your brows slightly furrowed at how his demeanor had suddenly changed.

"Why is he suddenly being so cold?"

"Well, anyway," Yunho eventually says as he pats your shoulder, making you turn back to him. "Let's start stretching before the instructor arrives."

You nod and hum in response before both of you walk away from Hyunjin and Jisung. As you walk away, however, you take one last glance at Jisung just in time to meet his eyes before he quickly looks away. "What was that?"

Five minutes have passed until your instructor finally arrives, and as you're having your classes, you hadn't noticed the two boys across the room, stealing glances of you every now and then while they did their own things.

You didn't notice them... but Yunho did. And he ended up glancing towards you as well, wondering if you know about them.

"Hey," the instructor suddenly says, making him turn back to the man with a slightly surprised expression just as you look towards Yunho with a surprised and confused one.