Ch. 22: A Proper Thanks

Five songs later, and a little bit of you and Jisung getting casual with each other, the two of you suddenly hear a knock on your karaoke booth's door.

Turns out you had already exceeded your set time inside the booth, and you and Jisung eventually leave the booth, laughing at how you both had lost track of time.

Once you had reunited with your groups, Denise turns to you with a suspicious and a playful smile on her lips. "You two sure did take a lot of time in there together. What'd you actually do?"

At those words, Jisung suddenly feels his face heating up, and he ipens his mouth to deny Denise's words when you quickly speak before him.

"What do you think we did?" you ask her with a challenging and threatening gaze, and Denise just smiles even more at you before turning to the rest of the group.

"Anyway, where should we go next?" she asks, seemingly to Youngmin in particular, with a bright smile on her face.

You just roll your eyes as you look away from her then turn your gaze towards a still-very-flustered Jisung. "Hey. Let's go?" you ask him, and he turns to you.

"A-ah, yes! Of course," he replies before he quickly heads over to the rest of the group.

Your brows furrow at how he suddenly left you, and you just watch him go over to Felix and place his arm around the latter's neck before you notice someone else slowing down. You turn your gaze to that someone, and eventually, you see Seungmin just as he gets into the same pace as you.

"Hey," he says softly, his voice laced with awkwardness.

"Hey," you say, returning his greeting while not showing much interest in talking with him.

There is silence between the both of you as you continue walking, a little behind the group, and you're starting to wonder just why exactly Seungmin slowed down to get in pace with you. Surely, he had something to say?

You almost open your mouth to ask him, but Seungmin quickly beats you to it.

"Hey, about what happened... a few days ago," he starts, and you glance towards him to see him looking away awkwardly from you as he places his hand on his nape. "I..." He hesitates. A lot. And you furrow your brows as you watch him struggle.

Then a sigh escapes you as you place your hand on your hip while looking at him with your lips tightened in annoyance. "Just say it."

"Thanks," Seungmin suddenly almost immediately says, and your eyes widen at what he had said.

"Sorry?" you ask, your brows raised in attentiveness as you look at Seungmin, not really able to believe what he had just said. "I thought he was only nice to Jeongin. Is he actually thanking me right now?"

"Thanks," Seungmin repeats, finaly turning to you with a small smile, his gaze later on wandering away as he says his next words. "And sorry... for being rude to you afterwards. I know you didn't mean to say it like that."

You just continue looking at Seungmin in disbelief. Then a scoff escapes you as you look at him. "So you can be kind."

Almost immediately once again, Seungmin turns back to you with an annoyed expression, which eventually quickly turns into a laugh as he looks away from you, towards the group up ahead. "You really are something, Jeon Y/N. No wonder you're becoming a recent topic between those guys," he says.