Chapter 46: Mrs. Fiona Pays a Visit

***

Days Later

"Write up the minute for the meeting and send them to me." Jade instructed Mr. Tim.

"Yes, I'll do that right away, sir."

"And as for the plan for winning the governor over... We'll be doing it."

"Um, okay sir." He and others chorused as they left the meeting room.

Just then, his phone vibrated. Jade checked it immediately, and it was a message from Sapphire.

'I won't be able to come today.'

Jade frowned as he read her text.

"Imagine? How annoying!" An hissed escaped his lips.

'So sorry, it's going to be a long day today, and I just. Can't. Come....' She sent him a crying cat's meme.

"What's it with this woman, huh? She's not even reading my text now?"

Meanwhile, others were gossiping about him.

"Is our CEO really in a relationship?" Barbara asked her colleagues.

"Well, according to the rumours. He is." Mr. George answered.

Miss Barbara peeped through the transparent glasses. I don't know who the woman is, but she sure has a peculiar taste.

Jade walked out of his office and slammed a file on Mr. Tim's table. He didn't say a word, he just left the office. Others stared at him in total confusion, wondering where her was going to in such a rush.

Jade stepped into the lift that was going downstairs, then he walked to say hello to Chloé. She was with an elderly man in his early sixties.

Meanwhile, Sapphire just came back from school. She took off her wristwatch as he phones rang. It was Jade. Sapphire was about to pick his call when she read someone banging the door from outside.

"Fire! Open the door for your mother!"

"What? Mum?!" Sapphire wondered confusedly and rushed to open the door.
Opening the door, a shocked expression spread on her face.

Mrs Fiona threw the bags of foodstuffs that she was carrying, on the floor and squeezed herself in. Sapphire tried to carry the bags with so much struggle and difficulty while she took it to the kitchen.

"Oh my world!" Fiona stretched out like a cat as her eyes searched her daughter's room.

"Why are you here, mum." Sapphire asked, curiously.

"What do you mean? Is it bad to visit my daughter?" Fiona sneered at her daughter and placed her bag on Sapphire's reading table.

"There's a reason why you came so suddenly when you usually don't, right? Spill!"

"Rome said something strange..."

Sapphire closed her eyes as she knew he must have spilled the beans already.

"...that the person you're seeing is rich." Fiona continued. "Is it true?"

Sapphire grabbed the front potion of her hair in confusion. She looked anxious, but she tried to calm herself down by letting out a heavy breath. Fiona was just waiting for her daughter's reply. She'd already know by Sapphire's reaction.

"Ummm... Yes mum. It's true. The guy is rich." She bitterly confessed.

"Fire! Are you out of your mind? How dare you date a rich guy? What kind of foolishness is this?! You know your dad would never agree!" Fiona whooshed out in frustration.