Chapter 29: Let's Have A Normal Date

***

"The kids are so happy to see you again since it's been a while. You're getting tired too right?" Mrs. Anderson muttered.

"I'm so busy nowadays because of a contract I signed recently. And yes, with that, Gabby was able to sign in to a different agency."

"Yes, he told me. I also heard that you played a big role in that. What can I say... Thank you."

"Did he come by?"

"Yes." His mother nodded in approval.

"Wow, Gabby is better than I! And here I thought he was too busy to come by. Despite all his studying and appointments, he still makes time."

"Gabby checked on us two weeks ago. And last week, he sent tons of snacks for the kids. He takes perfect care of them, saying they're his siblings. I'm so proud of him, all thanks to you, Sapphire." Clara added.

"It's nothing ma'am, you're also like a mother to me." Sapphire checked her wristwatch and remembered she's to meet with Jade at 12:00 p.m.
"Oh, that reminds me. I need to go somewhere."

"Okay, then. It was nice having you today. Please, come and check on the kids again as soon as you can, okay?"

"Okay ma'am." Sapphire assured her with a little smile and a tight hug.

There and then, she took a taxi going to the museum where they planned to meet.

Meanwhile, Jade had already arrived. He waited for her in front of the glassy skyscape, but she hasn't arrived yet. The taxi stopped her in the 6th Street as she started roaming around the place like a lost bird. Looking for The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum was difficult until Jade saw her. She looked so lost and confused. Jade narrowed his eyes as he watched her for a while. She looked pretty ridiculous searching the tall buildings.

"You can't even find it while it's standing right in front of you?" Jade called back as she was about to leave.

She turned around to see Jade as excitement laced her eyes she waved at him immediately with a bright smile.

"Why is she smiling now?" Jade quirted an eyebrow as he directed her the way to pass.

Finally, they walked into the museum, side by side. Sapphire was wearing a three-quarter blue jean and a big Thai- fashioned blouse that almost looked bigger than her tiny body. Well, she had a white sneaker on and a white handbag to complement the outfit.

Jade on the other hand wore his usual outfit. Black suit, black tie, white sleeved shirt and white trousers. A typical CEO outfit.

They walked upstairs to be the gallery were displayed. Seeing so much people, Sapphire felt overwhelmed as she hide her face out of fear of being caught.

Jade saw her hiding her face like a scared rat and then turned to her.

"Stop looking around so much! There aren't any reporters here!" He warned.

"How do you know?"

"There are CCTV cameras everywhere!" She cried. "Also, who knows what you'll do to me this time? You caused more than enough trouble for me last time at the Cinema."

"What do you mean I caused you trouble?" A light frown appeared on Jade's forehead. She looked at him annoyingly.

"Schoolteachers shouldn't be saying things like this. I've never been spoken to like this in my life! Why aren't you kind to me, uh? Every girl loves going to the Cinema except you. We're here again and you're complaining?" He hissed abruptly.