Chapter 31: Mr. CEO or Mr. Romantic

***

Driving back home, Jade noticed that the drive was silent. He turned to look at Sapphire, but she had a sad face on. She didn't say anything, neither did she turn to him. Jade couldn't help but to wonder why she wouldn't even say anything.

He took his gaze off her and looked back to the road.

“So, is this Zoey girl your best friend?”

“Yes. She's been my best friend since middle school.”

“And she lived next door?” she paused.

“Up till college, anyway.” and added.
“Roman--”

Jade gawked at her again. Hearing his name alone makes him so crazy.

“Okay, what do you want me to call him then? That's his name, and he's like a brother to me! It's not as if his name is Harry styles! I can't even refer to him as if, like seriously... because we're dating?”

“Don't just see him, period! Then you won't have any reason to refer to him whatsoever.”

“Like seriously?” She asked and turned to him with an unfair manner.

“Yeah, seriously.” He replied with seriousness and gently packed up by the side of the road where he usually drops her off.

Getting down, Sapphire noticed that all her neighbours were outside.

“Good evening, teacher.” They greeted her.

"Hello..." She replied their greetings too.

"Why's everyone out of their houses? Is everything okay?”

“Not really.”A woman in her mid thirties replied to her. “All the houses in the next building got picked clean! It happened hours ago when everyone left for work!”

Sapphire cupped her mouth in shock. She couldn't believe it.

“You should be careful too, teacher. Since you stay alone.”  The lady advised.

After then, a blabbed mouth living next door joined in their conversation as she saw Jade. “Oh, you have a reliable boyfriend here. So probably shouldn't be worried.”

“He's not my Boyfrie--.” Sapphire corrected almost immediately but Jade gave her a sudden side hug.

“Let's go to your room.”

“Uh?”

Sapphire felt her heart beating faster, but Jade pulled her along as they went upstairs to her bungalow roofed house.

“Why would you come all the way up here? I didn't even invite you.” she cried.

“Don't worry, I won't finish your food.”

Sapphire stole glances at him like a student doing examination malpractice.

Pissed.

She turned to him finally, expecting him to take his leave, but he didn't. Instead, he faced her directly and pocketed his hands in style.

“What about your keys? Do you lock your door properly?”

“What? Yes, sure.” She replied to him nervously.

“At least, you're doing something right.” He muttered. “What about the inside? Do you usually lock your rooms? Is there a lock inside too?”

He opened his hand in front of her.

She gazed up at him in wonder.

“Your keys. Give me your keys.” He requested. Sapphire pretended as if she's lost.