Chapter 114:

At the bar with Lucas.
11:46 p.m

Jade and Lucas were seated in their usual spot. The bar man offered him a cup of champagne. He gulped it down his throat at once.

"Hey, don't even think about getting drunk, okay?" Lucas warned.

"I'm not." He poured another drink into a wine cup. "I'm not drunk but I'd like to get drunk."

Lucas watched how he gulped it down his throat again. He looked so sad and messy.

"Don't overthink, Jade. Time heals all wounds." Lucas advised. "I'm sure you'll forget about everything with time. He pay him at the back."

"About what you just said..." Jade poured another drink. "Don't believe that drivel. It's a lie" He started at the glassy cup and poured the third cup down his throat. He closed his eyes to the thought of it and gulped it down in pain.

Jade drove home, collapsing on the sofa chair in his living room. He couldn't help but to think about her. He scrolled through his phone. It was 00:30 a.m. he scrolled through his pictures and saw that he'd took with her.
Memories of he and sapphire's love-hate relationship flooded through him. Jade felt as if he was drawing into an ocean of wanting to be with her and letting go of her. He drank another bottle of beer, thinking about her...

The secret birthday she held for him at Zoey's boutique, when she got drunk and confessed her feelings, how she kissed him while drunk and their outings at night. He missed holding her hands and watching the stars with her as night. Reality hit him hard like a dream.

"I can't stop thinking about you, fire." Jade concluded to himself in the silent loneliness.

***

A Week Later...

They were at one of Gabby's music concert where he was performing. Zoey too went along to cheer him up. It was very beautiful. Other fans held his posters as they danced to his music with happiness.

A block away from the street, Ruby saw his concert poster. She was with Jade.

"Awwwwn... My Gabby is performing today?" Jade looked at her recalling that Sapphire normally calls him that too.

"I'll have to resist today. Let's go big brother."

She held his arm again.

Jade looked at her dumbfounded. "And why are you holding unto me like this?"

"Because I need to. She chuckled softly. I'm not letting go big brother." She pulled him into a boutique for her shopping.

Ruby rushed to the pink, shiny skirts. She scrolled through and finally settled for one. Taking it out and placing it on her body to see if it fits.

"How does this look on me?" She asked in style.

Jade turned away without looking.
It's good.

"Big brother!" She called.

He looked at her and smiled.

"That looks good on you. We should buy it."

A cute smile lightened up her face as she picked two more shoes with it. She was preparing for the finals.

Walking out if the boutique, Ruby handed him her bags again.

"I watched your video the other day. I must say you're trying. And whatever happens, I want you to know that you tried your best."

"Thanks a lot, Jadie. You're nicer than all the Alejandro's grand daughters combined." She commented.

"But if you fail, you'll go back to Paris. I took you out today because I promised to take you out the last time." He rolled his eyes at her and smiled. "Come on, let's go." He held her in hand while Ruby folded her arms around his.