Chapter 72: Preparing To Meet The Chairman

* * *

The sky was freezing with the icy moon that went blurry into the clouds. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky. It was already 10:00 p.m. Jade and Sapphire took a seat outside as they stepped out of the warm building. Sitting outside, side by side. The couple watched the moving moon as if it was a boat standing in a ocean of dark shades.

"Why is your grandfather doing this?" Sapphire broke the silence that had reigned between them for a couple of minutes.

"What?" Jade replied before turning to her.

"I mean, why is he doing this to me? Why me of all people?" She pressed. "I wouldn't have been so rudely used by you and Ace if not for his will."

Jade gently pinched her cheek which made Sapphire blushed a little.

"I never used you." We signed a perfectly valid contract.

"What?" Sapphire scoffed. "Don't fool yourself! Who was the one who left out the last page of the will again?"
Sapphire took a strain look t the moon that had barely moved an inch.
Set up a meeting for me.

"With who? Ace? Why?!" He fired at her rather, impatiently. Don't tell me you have feelings for that jerk! Someone that you just met!"

"No, Jade. Take care of your cousin if you're having issues with him. But I need to meet with your grandfather, the chairman of BB Company or something. I want to meet the chairman and ask him for myself, why he's doing all of these."

With this, Jade let out an heavy sigh as if a weight has been lifted off him.

"I mean, isn't it only fair that I know? I'm the main party involved." She kept her eyes on the sky.

Jade nodded at her observation. "You're right. I think it's about time you meet him." He agreed.

***

Minutes later....

Sapphire accompanied Jade to his car. He looked at her, with a smile on his face as he gently bit his lower lip.

Sapphire felt a little bit nervous with his look. She tried to control her heartbeats as started at the floor. For a moment, she couldn't stop thinking of their passionate kiss from earlier and why she was feeling as if... She wanted more of it.

"What's it now?" She asked as her voice shivered a bit.

"There's a new ice cream store that opened up in the next street." Jade brought up.

"I think you're not the type of guy to like ice cream." Sapphire replied him.

Jade almost smile with that but he ended up squeezing his lips, making his almost invisible dimple, show.

"I don't really care for it." He admitted. "But still, it's been a while since we met up."

"It hasn't been that long. So, who told you to take long to apologize to me properly?" She raised her eyebrows at him. "Well, as for the ice cream, i... Love it." Her lips curved into a very bright smile.

Jade couldn't help but to smile too. At least, that's a sign that she's forgiven him now and Ace has no chance in it.

"Should we go?" He asked.

"Sure... Let's walk side my side." She muttered as he grabbed her shoulders.

Sapphire on the other hand, wrapped her arm around his waist as they walked into the dark streets, side by side. The streetlights looked so blurry and illuminated, just like the night moon was.