Chapter 87: A Glance To Sapphire's Past

***

Jade went into his office, ignoring the weird stares. Pissed like hell but trying to conceal it. Her took off his black jacket and placed it on a hanger, somewhere in the corner of his office. He threw himself on his executive chair, already feeling useless.

A small frown appeared on his handsomely -shaped face. Jade went through the file placed on his desk as he unbuttoned the first three buttons on his white sleeved shirt.

Mr Tim looked at his co-workers with a fake smile on his face.
"Come on guys, concentrated on your work. I'll go and check on him now." He announced before walking to the CEO's office.

Tick-tick.

Mr. Tim tapped his index finger on the mirrored door as he narrowed his head into Jade's office.

"What's it?" Jade muttered without even looking at Mr. Tim's direction.
"Come in." He ordered.

"Umm... What's happening, boss? Are you alright?"

"I don't know. How come did the media hear about Sapphire's kidnap case?"

"It had already been reported by the investigators, sir. Even before I could intervene. Those media personnel are just gossipers. I wish I coul-"

"Make sure all of the news remains confidential. Including anything pertaining my family. Although everyone knows about everything now. Nothing is hidden anymore until I find out where Sapphire is. If a single word if this gets to the media, things would get more difficult than it is."

"Y..yes sir. I understand but Mr. CEO..." Mr. Tim turned to his boss with his face laced up with curiosity. "I want to ask you a very disturbing question. It's what they say but I don't still believe."

Jade looked at him as if he was trying to say, go ahead.

"Is it true that you're really adopted? I mean... You take a lot from the chair man and Mrs. Kate, both in looks and character."

Jade wore a tight frown at Mr. Tim's questions. He just looked away and left his boss's office.

"How annoying!" Jade hissed, going through the documents in front of him.

***

"What did he say? Tell me all the news I've been reading in the last few days are all lies." Miss Barbra asked Mr. Tim immediately her walked out if the CEO's office.

"Is it true?" Mr. George interfered with raised eyebrows. "His Denver really an Alejandro too?"

Mr. Tim let out an heavy breath in relief. "It's possible guys. Although out boss is inconsiderate, I can't help but to pity him right now. First, his girlfriend, now this?..."

Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!

Jade's phone rang. He quickly looked at it, it was a call from Zoey. Jade grabbed his hair again in confusion as his mouth hang open, a deep sigh brushing through his lips.

Jade closed his eyes, tight. Thinking I'd what next to do. All he want to do now is to concentrate on his his work... Picking up her call might cause him more pain and leave her even more worried. Jade quickly turned off his mobile phone and placed it somewhere inside his drawer.

What would I have to do right now?" His fingers brushed through his shiny black hair as he suddenly closed the brown file in front of him.
Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he wiped it off with a white hanky.

"I would just have to work. To work more to kill stress. It's over 24 hours now and I'm unable to find any proof. I would have to find Sapphire sooner or later but I'm left with no clue. I would have to work on Denver, myself. They're all betrayers and deceitful, I can't trust any investigators again. Not even my mum!" Jade opened the file again and continued working.