Chapter 105: The Chairman's Surprise Package

"Mum, dad... Who is this weird looking guy and why am I here? Uhh..... My head really hurts." Sapphire muttered, rubbing her forehead simultaneously.

Jade was dumbfounded.
"I got shot trying to save you... Why can't you remember?! Is it because I came too late? Are you angry at me? Talk to me, Fire!"  He turned to the doctor after wiping away his tears and sniffed quietly into his sleeves.

"Stop calling me that name okay?! I said I don't know you. Are you deaf? Ugh!" She muttered in pain.

Sapphire couldn't understand why a random, pathetic looking guy would lie to her and shout at her despite her condition.

With this, Sapphire gently turned to the direction of Fiona."Mum, what's happening here? Who's this?"

"Umm.. don't worry my dear. You're recovering, just relax." Fiona muttered, facing Jade with an annoying look.

"You heard her, right? So can you leave for now. It's stuffy in here!" John placed his hand on her shoulder to calm her down but she jolted off.

Jade looked at the doctor in disappointment.

"Tell me, What's wrong with her?! Don't tell me she's having Amnesia?!!"

Kate and the doctor exchanged glances wondering what had happened to her.
"Father-in-law should know about this. I need to see him. What's the meaning of this? He need to explain everything to me." She suggested.

"Umm... Actually." The doctor called back, as he stopped her from leaving.

"What is it, doctor? Do you want to say something?"

"Yes. Actually. T...the chairman is no more. I know this is against the rules of my profession but, he begged me. Saying it's his last wish."

"What are you talking about? Jade turned to the doctor with a serious look.

"The chairman donated his heart to Sapphire." The doctor swallowed heard in his damp throat.

"What?" Everyone turned to him, startled.

Sapphire watched them, not getting what their discussion was all about. She was still trying to connect the dots. Everything looked like a puzzle.

Anew.

"He asked me to give you this envelope." The doctor muttered as the nurse from earlier on walked in with a thick, brown carton. In it was a letter, a white, smaller envelope and a flash drive.

"What's this?" Lucas asked in curiosity. He collected it and inserted it to the mid-sized television facing them.

The blank screen went on and it was the chairman's face on the screen.

"Hello everyone. I know you'll be surprised and probably angry at me right now but don't worry. There's time for everything. He smiled and a sharp dry cough escaped his mouth.
As you can see, I'm old and grey. I've lived a beautiful life. So beautiful and I'm satisfied with it. Life is complicated and perfectly Imperfect, but we have to make the best out of life no matter what. The doctor said I have one month to live but... Right now, I just want to live one more day. I've been through a lot in my lifetime and I need to rest."

"Like seriously... Why don't you play this somewhere else instead of interrupting my daughter's treatment!" Fiona fired.

"The old man gave your daughter his heart. Aren't you grateful?" Kate muttered back with a shivering voice as more tears laced in her brown eyes.

"Grateful my foot!" Fiona spat and wanted to say more but her husband held her back and begged she wait until after the video at least.

"I'm sorry for my wife's misbehaviour." He pleaded. "She's been through a lot these days."