2.

Derek walked into the familiar highschool that he loved so much. All his friends were here. He had been here all three years prior and would be here for his last and fourth year.

He had lived in Seattle all his life and at every school (elementary, middle and high school) he had been popular, maybe not the most poular, but popular. He did go to parties sometimes, but managed not to drink to much and hadn't had sex to many times in his life, but a fair amount for a 17 year old and ovar all these he had managed to get straight A's.

He was a month into his Senoir and had already had the stuck up, prada loving...prep and they last for about 2 weeks before he couldn't take her anymore. All she wanted to do was shop. And when she wasn't shopping, she wanted have sex with Derek. He obliged willingly..."hey, sex is sex" His best friend Mark would say everytime she had retreated to his room telling him to come after her.

"Sex is sex" Derek would shake his going to his room.

Mark Sloan, his best friend. He had been his best friend since he could remember. He had been there thorugh the good times, a lot of the good times. But there were also the bad times. Mark had tried to cheer him up, along with trying to cheer himself up.

He saw Mark walking up to him. Derek was sitting at their normal spot before the bell rang. On the steps of the highschool. Soon, all the "friends" they both had would be arriving too and they would laugh and talk till the bell rang.

"Hey dude" Derek said as Mark gave him a hug with a pat on the back

"Hey man, seen Yang yet?" Mark said looking around

Derek shook his head. "No" His friend would never give up on the hopeless case of Cristina Yang. Who, he personally thought was a uptight, little prick and a big bitch at that. Also, a little sarcastic. He didn't really like her also, because she was one of the smartest in their class and it was a tough competition. But even sometimes, he would beat her at somethings. Even Mark, but only once or Twice. He seemed fairly smart too.

"damn it...she is one tough cookie man. Usually girls just get in my bed like that without hesitation and it has taken me four years and still counting...

"She'll never give in man and you're better off...she's a bitch" Derek smiled, he knew he was right...he was almost always right

"So? She's still hot" Mark shook his head as if ashamed that his best friend hadn't figured it out yet

"whatever" Derek said as they familiar black hair came to his eyes

"Speak of the devil" Derek said as he pointed not ten feet away. Cristina Yang, with pinched uptight look on her face came walking up the steps

"Well if it isn't Yang Yangy Yang Yang" Mark practiacally sang out

Cristina groaned and turned to Mark

"Oh Mark, good to see your head is still up your ass" She shot at him

"ooh" Mark said as he put his hadn over his heart "good one Yang"

"Bite me"

"Sure thing, sweet thang" He licked his lip

"Disgusting" She mumbled as she walked the rest pf the way up the stairs

The rest of Mark and Derek's friends had arrived as they greeted them and they started talking about...well woman and thier boobs.

Derek was laughing at one of thier jokes when he saw her. The most beautiful girl he had ever seen. His breath caught in his throat as he saw her looking transfixed at a paper in her hands. No doubt her schedual. She hadn't seen him as she walked forward, she seemed defeated. He looked at one of his friends who was like "Derek? woohoo" and Derek snapped out of the trance to look at the friend "W-What?" He said as he turned his head to glance at where she had stood but she had disappeared. He shook his head, wondereing if she beed an halucination and went back to his friends, completely pushing that girl out of his mind....for now.