17.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
⚠️Trigger Warning ⚠️
• Suicide
• Mental illness
• Strong Language
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

The next day at school in first period, Meredith and Derek hadn't talk to eachother or even looked at eachother...it was a little awquered.

Derek was sitting in his usual seat in the back, looking at Meredith's backside when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Mark.

"What?" He asked Mark.

"Why are you looking at Meredith like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like something bad happened and you are of course, the stupid one who should be groveling."

"Nothing happened." Derek lied.

"Then why haven't you guys talked to eachother?" Mark asked.

"How do you know we haven't talked to eachother?" Derek furrowed his brow at Mark.

"I'm Mark. I know everything." Mark shrugged and held his arms out like it was a known fact that he knew everything.

Derek rolled his eyes.

"Oh and you haven't looked at eachother either." Mark pointed out.

"What, do you like stalk people?" Derek aksed.

"Nope...just my sixth sense...told you, i know everthing." Mark nodded.

Derek shook his head at Mark and heard the bell ring. He got up from his seat and left Mark.

"What?" Mark asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek was laying on his bed that afternoon after school. It was the same as usual, him trying to read, trying to get be happy and stop wanting to cry ever time his dad popped into his head. As usual he would stay in his room, only going out for dinner and the bathroom...he would just wallow is his own self pitty.

The only thing missing was Meredith. For the past 2 weeks she had come there to his house in his room and stayed there till night time, keeping him company. He had to say, her company was a lot better than Mark's.

But she wasn't there and he knew why. But he had tried to talk to her at break, but she just ignored him and slammed her locker and left as quickly as she could. It was like the bet disaster all over again....except he had gotten a glimpse of her face and it wasn't an angry, resentfull face like it had been after the bet...it was sad and sympathetique and that made it all the more scary and wierd to him.

He sighed heavily as threw his book to the ground and looked up and the ceiling, his hands overlaping on his chest...he was so deep in thought that he didn't even hear the sound of his door opening....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Derek?" He heard a female voice. He raised his head a little and saw Nancy standing there. All his other sisters had gone back to where they lived after the funeral. So it was jusy him, Nancy and his mother...and sometimes Meredith. But no one would ever talk at the dinner table...even when Meredith was there, Nancy and his mother acted like she was invisible, like she wasn't even there.

"Yeah?" He asked, a little surprised.

"Mom won't come out of her room. I keep knocking and trying for her to come out, but she keeps saying she'll be out in time to make dinner...i left her alone, and went back to find her door open and then found that she has locked herself in the bathroom..." Nancy choked out.