30.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
⚠️Trigger Warning ⚠️
• Rape and Sexual Assault
• Child abuse/pedophilia
• Death
• Abuse (physical, mental, emotional, verbal, sexual)
• Strong Language

Stop reading now if you feel triggered by any of this right now and move on to the next chapter.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Meredith woke up the next day. She felt better than she had in a couple days. Although images still flashed through her head that she didn't want to remember.

She wanted to Tequila. She needed Tequila. She needed to forget. But she knew she couldn't. Derek was everywhere, always there all the time and hover-y. She wouldn't say anything, of course. He had been affected by this whole thing as much as she was.

Meredith felt Derek's arms around her and his steady breathing. She liked this. She liked feeling warm and safe in his arms. Like nothing and no one would ever hurt again...but once she wasn't in the security of his arms or his presence, she would feel like she no one and that she wouldn't be able to go on.

Derek did that to her. He made her feel like there was something worth living for.

Meredith turned around so that she was now facing Derek, looking at his face. She sighed.

Then he suddenly woke up. Man, he was an incredibly light sleeper.

"Hey..." Derek sighed happily as he smiled at her.

"Hey..." Meredith smiled back. Smiling was hard. But, she could still do it with Derek there.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

Meredith fought the urge to roll her eyes. He always asked her that. "I feel fine."

Now it was Derek's turn to try to not roll his eyes. "Yeah, sure." Derek said.

"No, it's true. Right now, in this moment, being in your arms...is actually...perfect." She sighed happily as she snuggled closer to Derek.

"Do you realize how much school we have missed this year?" Derek chuckled softly.

"Yes, i have." Meredith giggled.

"But they are good reasons." Derek said cautiously.

"Most of them." Meredith smiled.

"Yes, most of them."

They both went silent. Derek wanted to ask, but he was afraid of her reaction...he wanted to ask her about this Ben...

Derek actually had a little bit of jealousy. Who was this Ben? A past boyfriend who she...what? Does she miss this guy? Would she rather be with this guy than him?

He really needed to know. He should just get it out and ask her. Derek took a deep breath.

"Who's Ben?" Derek asked quickly.

Meredith froze, tensed up in his arms as she looked at Derek. "Who?" Meredith asked.

"Who's Ben?" Derek asked again.

"Ben?" She asks with a higher voice than her own.

"Yes...you said his name last night in your sleep." Derek said cautiously.

Meredith looked at him with wide eyes and said nothing.

"So...who is this Ben?" Derek asked.

"He's...he's...no one, no one at all...just...no one." Meredith shook her head and she moved farther away from him.