23.

"Meredith..." Jane said and smiled as she stood up and walked over to Meredith and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Hmm.." Meredith mumbled, wanting to turn around and leave. She shouldn't have come...this was a bad idea...such a bad idea. She needed to get out of here...tequila...she needed teguilla. She needed to get out...but where? The way out was blocked by Mrs. Shepherd and Mark...she cursed under her breath as Katherine came up to shake her hand.

"Meredith...from...the funeral...right?" Katherine asked.

Meredith blinked a couple times...she actually rememberd her? yeah, she didn't remember her at the hospital all those days that they were there, and that was more recent...but it was kind of something. Meredith glared at Katherine unintentionally, not knowing she was doing it.

"Yeah...that's me...Meredith...from the...funeral." She said.

"Well it's...um...nice to meet you?" Katherine said, unsire by the look Meredith was giving her.

Derek looked at Meredith and her expression. He was just as nervous as she was...but now...he was confused because she looked pissed. Before Jessica could get up and say hi, Derek said, "Meredith, can i talk to you for a second?" He asked and then turned to his family. "One second.." He said and pulled Meredith by the arm before she could reply.

"Hey!" She protested as Derek was dragging her into the hall and back otuside. "Derek! What the-"

"Shut up." He said.

"What? Did you just tell me to...shut up." She said, angry as she had to pause before saying "Shut up" because she had to turn around adn fix her shirt. Derke shut the door behind him.

"Yes." He said.

"Asshole!" She hissed.

"Meredith..." He sighed. She didn't answer, but she just crossed her arms over her chest, causing her breasts to move up and out more with the v-neck she was wearing, and glared at him. Derek got a little distracted as he looked at her protruding breasts.

"Derek!" He heard her cry and snapped his head up. "Up here." She said, trying to glare at him, but not being able to stop the smirk playing at her lips. Her boyfriend was so horny. But then she dropped her hands to her side and raised her eyebrows at him.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh...yeah, that." Derek said as he shook his head of the thoughts running through his head and looked up at Meredith.

"Yeah...that." She smirked.

"Um...why were you acting like that in there?" He asked.

"Like what?" She asked.

"You were glaring at Katherine...why?" He asked.

"I was glaring at Katherine?" She asked, furrowing her brow.

"Yes, you were." He nodded and then looked into her eyes and he saw that she was generally confused and he knew she wasn't playing dumb, because he could see that she was telling the truth in her eyes. "You-you didn't know?" He stammered a little.

"Yes...i..." She sighed and ran her hand over her face as a tears started to trickle down her face. "They don't even see me...or they never saw me...before...i was around a lot before this...and...and..." She choked. "At first i was nervous, but it just came back to me when i stepped in there....the way they looked at me, like they had never seen me at all...ever, like you were just introducing me to them...and Mrs. Shepherd-" She cut herself off as the tears started to come at full force.

"Oh Meredith..." Derek sighed and pulled her into his arms...

"I just-" She sobbed...

"Shhh..." Derek soothed her. "I know i know...they should't have-"