25.

Reality...is...

"Ready to finally face my family?" Derek asked as they walked up the steps of his house. They were doing it....finally, after almost a month of avoiding...Meredith was seeing his family again. Well...actually just Nancy and Lillian, because the other sisters went back home. Lillian was doing great since the last time Meredith saw her. All she needed was some company and she could be feel sane and alive. She was still doing therapy sestions though. She was trying to feel normal. But, she still felt numb and times.

"Yes, i'm ready." Meredith was ready to see Mrs. Shepherd and Nancy. She was kind of scared that if she didn't see them soon, they would hate her when she did see them. So here she was, seeing his mother and little sister.

"Ok. Lets do this." Derek sighed and he opened the door, stepping in, holding Meredith's hand tightly.

"Der, that you?" Came the voice of Nancy, as she walked into the entrance way from the living room.

"Its me." Derek said.

Nancy stopped when she saw Meredith, her eyes wide.

"Mer-Meredith..." She said.

Meredith could tell that she looked torn. By what, Meredith wasn't sure. But Meredith guessed it was between shock of seeing Meredith and having to apologize now or how to act and seem like she liked Meredith. Meredith waited and saw out of the corner of her, that Derek had his eyebrows raised.

"Well...it's...it's been a while." She sighed, looking awquered.

"It has." Meredith said.

"Nancy, who is-?" Came Lillian's voice and then she cut off when she saw Derek, and then saw Meredith.

"Meredith dear..." Mrs. Shepherd said, looking awquered now too.

"Hi." Meredith smiled.

This surprised Lillian. Meredith thought that Lillian probably thought that Meredith should be cold.

"Hello dear...it's..it's been-"

"A while, we know." Derek said suddenly.

Everyone looked at him.

"Yes, it has." Meredith said after a long pause.

"Meredith...i'm...so sorry...for everything." Lillian said, looiking genually sorry.

"No worries, Mrs. Shepherd. You had the right to act...that way." Meredith said awquerdly. Meredith saw Derek's jaw clench out of the corner of her eye, but he didn't say anything.

"Would like anything to eat?" Lillian asked, then looked at Nancy, giving her a glare.

"I'm sorry too, Meredith." Nancy said quickly.

Meredith looked at Nancy, then to Lillian.

"No thank you, i don't need any food." Meredith then turned to Nancy. "Apology accepted."

"You sure dear?" Mrs. Shepherd asked.

"I'm sure." Meredith nodded.

"Excuse us." Derek said and he pulled Meredith towards the stairs.

"Ok, have fun, you two." Mrs. Shepherd smiled warmly.

"Oh no, we aren't-" Meredith started, but was cut off by Derek.

"We will." Derek said and he pulled her upstairs.

The whole evening in his room, talking and kissing.

When it was 10 PM, Meredith left.

When she got to her car, she noticed somthing on her windshield. She pulled it up. It was a small envelope. She opened it, feeling her heart beating fast.