40. Epilogue

Ten years later...

Meredith stared at the heading of article in her hands. She had waited ten years for this. She was waiting for the day when he was mentioned. Sentenced ten years in jail and here it was, ten year later and Charles Belmont was out of jail.

Strangely, Meredith didn't care. He could come after her, he could try and end what he started all those years ago, but she was older and stronger this time. And Derek would be there.

"What is it, Mer?" Derek asked as he sipped on his coffee.

"Um..." Meredith said as she looked up at Derek. She couldn't actually say it...So she handed him she paper and pointed at the heading of article. "Convicted rapist is set free today on March 20th, 2008"

Derek frowned as he looked up. "Mer, you okay?" He whispered.

"I will be." Meredith sighed as she sat back. "I'm not scared, Der, don't worry, i'm stronger and older now. And besides, he has no idea where we live." Meredith said.

"Hmm..." Derek nodded.

Derek had always dreaded this day, had always dreaded when the man who had broken his girlfriend would be set free.

"Can we just forget it Derek? Please?" Meredith asked softly.

"Of course. But i'm going to be overprotective for a while, you know that." Derek said.

"Of course."

"No way am i letting that man hurt my wife and baby." Derek smiled proudly as he sat there.

He and Meredith had got married their last year of Med School. They were now in their second year of residency, both 27 years old. They both had their own interns. And Meredith was 5 months pregnant.

Meredith and Derek finished their breakfast and left for Seattle Grace hospital. In their intern year, they had had different residents, but they had still found time to see each other in the halls or in the on-call room in their free time. Now they had their own interns that they got to boss around and they were both known as Dr. Shepherd. At first, Meredith had been Meredith Grey-Shepherd, but the more she got accustomed to being a Shepherd, the more she started to tell everyone to call her Meredith Shepherd.

Mark and Izzie lived in Boston, Cristina was somewhere, the didn't know. After a while, Cristina had drifted apart from Meredith, Derek, Mark and Izzie. She had been the 5th wheel, so one day she packed her things and left.

Mark and Izzie had wanted to get away from their home town, so they were now in Boston, pursuing their surgeon careers.

Meredith and Derek were very happy. At first, they had been a little rocky, trying to re-build their relationship, but they made it eventually and they have been steady ever since.

One night, about half way through their last med school year, Derek had got down on one knee and proposed to his Meredith. And she had accepted.

They have been married for almost two years and 5 months earlier, Meredith and Derek had the shock of a lifetime when they found out that Meredith was pregnant.

They had called Mrs. Shepherd, who has been getting by the years through her children and grandchildren that she had got over the years. Lillian had been so happy that her son was continuing the Shepherd name.

So here they were, ten years after the tragedy of their senior year, living each day and enjoying every minute of it.

Their dreams were to become excellent surgeons and now, to have a family. In later years, they would become known as a team, a team that was one of the best. Drs. Shepherd would be famous, along with having a wonderful family.

It was wonderful. Their lives were finally at peace.

It made everything that had happened ten years previously, worth it.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
❗️Disclaimer❗️
I didn't write this story full credit goes to "clarkson_fan" from the board "The Ga On Call Room" site Tapatalk! And
Published 2008
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•