Chapter 3

She turned to look at the shorter woman, a look of disbelief on her face. "You can tell?"

Nodding her head vigorously, Wheein replied, "They're very obvious Hyejin, anyone with eyes can tell." Hyejin smiled. "That's true. Are you against it? I mean like lgbt relationships." a hint of nervousness towards the end of her sentence was heard.

Wheein just grinned mysteriously, throwing a soft "No, and I don't just support them." before leaving the kitchen to sit at the dining table and use her phone.

She's part of us, Hyejin thought as a smile crept onto her face again. She's definitely one of us. Finishing up the last dish, she went out and invited her teacher to the couch.

"We can continue work later, let me procrastinate for a while Professor," whines the younger. Rolling her eyes, Wheein curled up on the couch. She did not want to admit that she, too, wanted to procrastinate.

Halfway through the movie that Hyejin had played for them, Hyejin fell asleep and her head landed on Wheein's shoulder. Startled, the older woman looked down at the head on her shoulder. It would be uncomfortable to lie like this for too long, she thought, and gently shifted Hyejin to lie on her lap instead.

But she caught herself staring and studying Hyejin's facial features instead of watching the movie. She reached out a thumb to stroke her student's cheek, but retracted it immediately. What am I thinking? She's your student, Jung, get a grip on yourself. She shook her head and tried to concentrate on the movie.

When Hyejin finally awoke from her nap, Wheein was the one who had fallen asleep. She then realised she was lying on Wheein's lap and squealed internally. "How?" she questions, not wanting to leave her place. She looked up. Even her chin looked pretty to the one madly in love.

Not long after, Wheein too woke up and saw the student looking at her from her lap.

"Ah, sorry. I fell asleep." she immediately apologised, rubbing her eyes and yawning. Hyejin sat up straight too, sighing internally. She wished those few minutes could have lasted forever.

She smiled at the teacher. "Can I hug you?"

Wheein's hands stopped in motion. "Sorry?" she barely managed to croak.

Before anything could be said, Hyejin had moved closer to put her arms around Wheein and rested her head on her shoulder. "Please let me stay like this for a while." she pleaded, her voice soft.

Wheein knew she couldn't. She shouldn't. This was her student. They were not supposed to have such intimate interactions. But she couldn't help but savour it. By doing so, she allowed the hug to happen and she herself moved closer to press the girl further into herself.

She just needs a hug. Nothing more. It's nothing, Wheein, it's nothing.

When they pulled back, Hyejin's face glowed slightly. "Thankyou." she whispered, then, a look of concern took over her face as she noticed how pale Wheein was looking.

"Are you okay?"

"Hyejin-ssi, I, I shouldn't hug you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be doing this at all. I don't know what just overtook me. I-I am so sorr-" In the midst of her flurry, she was cut off as Hyejin aggressively pulled her into another hug. This time, their faces next to each other, Hyejin whispered into Wheein's ears.

"I was the one who wanted it. It's not your fault. Also teachers can hug their students, seeing as how they do so during photo taking and stuff. Don't worry, we're at home anyways. Trust me Professor, and don't worry. It's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine."

At this, Wheein broke down. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she blinked at an unimaginable speed, embracing Hyejin once again. "It's not your fault Hyejin, it will never be..." she said, as more tears escaped from her eyes. "It's me. I have a problem with it. I am so sorry." Hyejin frowned. "What problem do you have with hugging me?"

"It's nothing, Hyejin-ssi." Wheein quickly wiped her tears and pulled away from the hug. "Do you want to continue working?"

Hyejin shook her head. "You need to rest, Professor. You don't look too good."

Wheein nodded. "I'll go home?" However Hyejin shook her head harshly. "Stay today. I'll take care of you." Wheein finally smiled at that. "It's only 4pm Hyejin-ssi, I can go home and rest myself." Hesitantly, Hyejin frowned. "Don't worry about me Hyejin-ssi, I can manage. I'm a grown adult."

"So am I."

"Well, I'm older."

"I'm just worried for you! I don't want you to feel bad and fall sick Wheein!" Hyejin burst out angrily, clasping a hand over her mouth as soon as she said it. Then, as her cheeks flushed her first reaction was to mumble an apology and run into her room to lock the door. She slid down the door as she stared into blank space in disbelief. "You are such a twit, Maria." She said to herself as she shut her eyes in regret and embarrassment.

a/n
ahhhh!!!! baby lion 😭😭