Chapter 17

That night, the two women tucked each other into bed and stared at each other. Hyejin smiled at Wheein, wriggling closer to the older woman.

Wheein welcomed Hyejin warmly with a hug and a tired smile. Today had been emotionally taxing, as well as relieving for her. She felt as if she had done something to make herself feel better.

“Can I kiss you now?” Hyejin asked, tucking a strand of hair behind Wheein’s ear. Wheein smirked and turned around to look at the clock on the nightstand. 

“You have one minute.” she said playfully, turning back to Hyejin.

Hyejin smiled. “Trickster. I know I have two.”

She pressed her lips against Wheein’s. Maybe it was the alcohol, Wheein gave in to Hyejin that day and responded with a passion. The originally sweet kiss ended up rough and hungry, them pressing against each other. 

Hyejin broke the kiss off first as her timer beeped. “I set an alarm for 12am. I don’t want to break my promise.”

Wheein giggled cheerfully. “Stupid rule. Thank you.”

The remainder of the time was silent, just them staring into the depths of each other's eyes, feeling each other’s presence and rubbing each other’s backs softly. “Unnie?” Hyejin whispered.

“Hmm?”

“I just wanted to tell you that you did great. Your parents and relatives would have been proud. And that I love you. And I’ll tell you that I love you everyday.”

The corners of Wheein’s lips lifted and she snuggled in closer to Hyejin. “Thankyou.” she said. “I think I did my best.”

“You need to study hard for your exams okay? Study hard and get that thesis done. Then graduate.” 

“I already graduated before.”

“Not from my class.”

“I’m never graduating from you. I’m going to be in your class called life forever, Wheein.”

“Cheesy.”

“I love you.”

“You make me crazy, Hyejin.” Wheein sighed, moving forward and pressing a soft kiss onto Hyejin’s lips. 

“You didn’t break any promise because I did it. And that’s the last one.” Wheein giggled and closed her eyes, signalling that she was going to sleep.

Hyejin could only smile at her teacher’s happy face and caress her hair lightly until she herself fell asleep.

The alcohol must have been pretty strong, because both girls woke up with a splitting headache the next day. 

Hyejin groaned, holding her head as she slowly shifted away from Wheein’s grasp. Wheein woke up a few moments later to Hyejin’s groaning and started to whine herself.

“I think you could kiss it better Wheein unnie.”

“Fuck off.”

“Woah the sudden vulgarity there unnie. Never heard you use it before.”

“You haven’t seen me drunk.”

“True enough-argh, should I call for hangover soup delivery? I have some meds in the drawer there. You can take it.” Hyejin nodded to the night stand beside Wheein and picked up her own phone.

Wheein gulped the medicines down with a mouthful of water and passed the pills to Hyejin.

“It’s Saturday.”

“And?”

“I want to sleep.”

“You have work.”

“I hate alcohol.”

“You love it.”

“Ugh.”

Hyejin dragged herself out of bed the moment she heard the doorbell ring a while later.

“Yes, thank you for the delivery.”

“By the way, you’re really pretty. I don’t have deliveries later. Mind if I chat for a while?” The delivery man asked, looking into her apartment.

“Jagiya~ Who is it?” Wheein came out, a very unpleasant expression hanging on her face as she walked straight to Hyejin and hugged her from behind.

“Do you know him?”

“Nope.”

“Well I’m her girlfriend,” Wheein paused to kiss Hyejin’s jaw. “So if you would kindly leave our property.”

“Yes, I-I understand. I’m sorry for the interruption.” The delivery man looked nervous as he quickly left the doorstep.

Hyejin couldn’t help but break into a wide grin as Wheein snatched the food containers over. 

“Girlfriend? I thought you hadn’t said yes.”

“I just didn’t want a random stranger hitting on my future.”

“Oooh Jung Wheein~ You’re so possessive!” Hyejin laughed as she hugged Wheein from behind.

“Be glad. You’re lucky.” Wheein fed a mouth of the soup to Hyejin before having some herself.

“I am lucky. I love you.” Hyejin said greasily, as learnt from Byulyi.

“Disgusting, Hyejin. Disgusting. Hurry up, you have to go to work.”

“Go with me?”

“No, I have bad memories of the cafe.” Wheein frowned, remembering the scene at the cafe. She had gotten over it but was still upset that someone else had kissed Hyejin in front of her. Thanks to that however, she got a chance to know how Hyejin actually felt about her.

“I’ll kiss you there too, once I graduate.” Hyejin offered, slightly upset. Wheein shook her head.

“Then wait for your graduation. I’m going home to spend time with my boyfriend.”

“You’re so biased, unnie.”

“Ggomo is cuter than you.”

“He isn’t! I love you more!”

“He is! He’s the best kitty ever.”

“I can’t even believe we’re arguing about this in such a childish tone but I firmly believe that I am better than Ggomo.” Hyejin stated authoritatively.

“Wait for one more month after your graduation.”

“No! Fine, Ggomo is cuter.”

“See, I told you.”

“You threatened me! So unfair unnie, so unfair.”

“Hehe.”

a/n
late update :33
more fluff and a possessive whee hehehe