Chapter 16

a/n!: so i mixed the queendom version and the original version tgt! bc i felt that the rap part was a lil better suited hehehe

D-Day finally came, the four girls sitting in front of their mirrors in the makeshift dressing room.

"I'm so scared, Yongie!" Byulyi clung onto Yongsun and pouted, distracting her girlfriend who was trying to put on her lipstick. They had all changed into their stage outfits and were almost done with the makeup.

Hyejin held Wheein's hand tightly as she sensed the teacher's nerves.

"Relax. We're in this together." Hyejin smiled at the older woman. Wheein looked over with a trembling smile and nodded her head.

"Mamamoo! You're up soon. Please come to the stage to get ready." The backstage crew called out from the door.

"Ne!"

They stood up from their chairs, shouting a cheer before they moved to the auditorium. The whole Arts faculty would be there watching since it was a faculty event. Due to it being three weeks away from exams, this event was held to help students destress for the day.

Murmurs were heard from the crowd as the four girls took their places behind the mic stands. The couple and the not-so-official couple looked to each other for comfort. As the lights dimmed and the spotlight shone on them, the music began as the curtains were drawn. A huge cheer erupted from below at the sight of the professor, standing there looking stunningly beautiful.

Wheein started the song.

"Jeonyeok noeul haneureul barabomyeon,"

Eomma, Appa, Yimo, Halmeoni, are you listening? This song is for you...

"Joheun noraessoriga deullimyeon"

Eomma, Appa, the best song is the one you used to sing for me...I miss you.

"Neowa nanudeon naui haruneun ijen eomneunde"

Eomma, Appa left us early...you said you wouldn't leave me but you're gone too...are you doing well up there?

"Nega cheoeum bulleojun nae ileum"

To whoever who left me on the steps of the orphanage, thank you. Thanks to you, I found the love of my life. I don't hate you, but I wished I knew why you left me to fend for myself.

"So much I miss you."

"Nan neoneoneoneoneo."

Eyes sparkling with tears, the four of them did a group hug at the last line. Just before the curtains dropped, thunderous clapping and cheering was heard from across the auditorium.

Quickly running back to the makeup room, Wheein couldn't stop her tears from flowing as she thought about her late relatives. She collapsed in Hyejin's arms as soon as they locked the door behind them.

"I miss them. I miss them so much Hyejin. I feel so sorry." Wheein cried like a baby as her emotions took control of her. It almost made her wonder why she was so emotionally weak whenever she was with Hyejin.

The other two were crying together too, after everything they had been through. The song was just perfect to express their emotions.

"I miss them too...shhh, We're all here for each other unnie. I love you." she whispered comfortingly, hugging Wheein and crying with her.

The four of them were a crying mess in the changing room, but their sobbing was interrupted soon as they were called for end credits stage.

"Let's touch up and go?" Yongsun suggested as she wiped away her tears.

"Sure." Hyejin smiled and pulled Wheein up.

When they were finally back on stage, the dean had just started giving his speech. So there they stayed with all the other performers, who were praising their superb performance.

They welcomed them with wide smiles and complimented back in return, from the bottom of their hearts.

Hyejin kept Wheein's hand held behind her back. Lucky for them, they were stading right at the back, so no one could see.

"...And I would like to specially thank Ms Jung from the Art School for partaking in the talent show! All of us seemed to have been entranced by her and her group's vocals. Very impressive Ms Jung, do come up front for a photo with your group!"

Wheein looked startled for a moment and Hyejin laughed as Yongsun pushed them all out to the front of the stage.

"Oh, um. Thank you guys for all the love! I hope you do well for your exams and graduate with no regrets." Wheein spoke shyly into the mic, almost hiding behind Hyejin instantly. Hyejin smiled as she turned to Wheein. The teacher gave a small smile in response, handing the mic over to Yongsun and Byulyi who covered the meanings and sentiments of the song.

Once done with the event, they headed off to Hyejin's home to celebrate and drink. Wheein had to go home to feed Ggomo first, though.

They gathered back in Hyejin's living room and started their drinking session.

Wheein had gotten more comfortable with the two girls since their group chat was created. She let loose and joined in the fun.

Wheein felt grateful for this group of girls that she had met. She wondered if her life would be as dull as before, with Ggomo and art being her only colours.

Now, with the addition of the three, her life had become a rainbow with the different sides of life that they had shown to her.

She truly loved the girls. Smiling, she took another shot and looked towards Hyejin.

I love you. Thank you so much, for coming into my life and for helping me. I am going to try my best for you, Hyejin.

She took another shot and leaned against the younger girl, holding her hand tightly.

a/n
this is very sad but queendom's i miss you was the performance that made me fall gay down the radish hole 😔😔 i was absolutely moved by queens performance anfjsjfidr i swear i could never

please they are so perfect aAAAA

i love them❤my whole heart is theirs
also i enjoyed writing the internal monologue for this chapter im so happy w the emotions

but i also think this chapter was q shit HAHAHA