04- Secrets

The Bad Batch were obvious magnets for trouble. They just nearly escaped another group of bounty hunters that were chasing a lizard creature the Batchers stole from said hunters. Enough about that, now Hunter, Tech, Echo and Omega stood in Wrecker's room and watched a feisty mirialan healer almost forcefully spoonfeeding some medicine to the demolition expert. Tech was recording all of it. "Wrecker..." Ryki warned. The demolition expert scrunched his face after taking another whiff of the medicine. "No." He bluntly answered. Ryki narrowed her eyes on him, "Yes, you are." 

"No!" 

"YES!" the mirialan brought the bottle closer to Wrecker. The medicine was more like a drink really. She used it to relieve Wrecker's headaches and it worked like a charm, although it did smell and look like Krayt dragon acid. Wrecker groaned and backed up into a wall, the mirialan and Batchers surrounding him. He looked pitifully at the others. Hunter shrugged his shoulders, "Don't look at me. She's the doctor here." Poor Wrecker grumbled. "I AM the doctor." Ryki emphasized, "and you will drink this medicine, muscles!" Wrecker visibly shrunk into his armour. Omega and the others tried to quiet their laughter. 

"Or what?" Wrecker challenged. He puffed up his shoulders and stood at his full height. Hunter, Echo, Tech and Omega watched in silence as they waited for Ryki's come back. She wordlessly took out her tranquillizer, she delivered her answer with a deadpan expression. Eyes opening wider in shock and fear, Wrecker tried to evade one last time. "Your joking. R-right?" 

Ryki turned a sinister smile on her face. "Nope." One dramatic cat and mouse chase and a tranquillizer shot later, a content mirialan walked out of her patient's room with an empty bottle of medicine, Omega skipping happily behind her. She helped Ryki catch Wrecker. Back in the room, the brothers had learned not to argue with a doctor especially if she's a short, 5 foot, feisty mirialan. "You gonna delete that Tech?" Echo asked, you could see the fear in his eyes. Hunter nodded as well, waiting for Tech's reply.

 "Nope. I want some blackmail." 

------

- Ord Mantell -

Cid threw a tab to Hunter's. Ryki and the Batchers listened in as he read the list of items that they apparently owed Cid. Clear disagreement was evident in their faces. Ryki rolled her eyes and leaned into Cid's table. "Come on Cid. That amount isn't that much. You can definitely pay them more." 

The trandoshan replied snarkily. "You know, the last time I checked, I was the boss." "Yeah, but the wage you paid them is not even minimum." Ryki defended. "That's the way it works greeny." Cid hissed. Hunter had nearly given up trying to reason with Cid, but Ryki was persistent. After some slightly aggressive negotiations, they managed to earn an extra 500 credits; thanks to some available medicine stock. "Well, see Cid. That wasn't so tough." Ryki smiled at the sight of the money. The trandoshan rolled her eyes "You need a big score of us to be square,"  

"Like what?" Echo asked.

"Like retrieving that tactical droid, but you bungled that op." She scolded and folded her arms, clearly displeased with the failure from the first mission. Hunter grimaced. "I suggest you figure something out before you see my ugly side." She angrily pointed at the four. Tech dipped his head down towards Ryki, "That's not her ugly side?". Ryki suppressed a laugh "Maybe she has two." 

"What was that goggles?" Ryki grinned nervously and was about to say something but a convenient blaster shot interrupted them. The five ran out of Cid's office to the bar. Patrons scrambled out shrieking. There at the corner, Ryki's eyes spotted a hooded person slowly placing a smoking blaster on a table. "Hey, what's going on in here?" Cid angrily shoved her way in front of the clones. "Who are you?" She demanded. Echo quietly passed Ryki a blaster, "Stay low." He whispered. Slowly the person revealed himself. A man with blond hair. Chills ran through Ryki's mind. She sensed the immediate familiarity the boys had with the man, especially Echo. "You know him." She quietly deduced, lowering Echo's blaster. "Rex?" Echo's surprise confirmed her suspicion. This day just got a little more interesting.