21 - Jealousy and a Durand

Since their small moment on Felucia, Ryki constantly found herself dreaming about the kiss she almost shared with Hunter. It was unexplained what both of them experienced during that time and barely acknowledged it after.

Walking down the streets of Ord Mantell, Omega realized Ryki's absent presence. Turning around she saw the mirialan healer trailing behind. "You might want to go talk to her" 

Omega looked up to face Echo, who also noticed the mirialan, "Do you know what's bothering her?" The female clone asked. Echo shrugged, "Whatever happened in Felucia seemed to have stayed in Felucia." Echo then gestured to their leader, "Hunter seems to be distracted as well. He's never easily distracted." 

Omega's precious smile turned sour, "I'll talk to them," she decided, making Echo smile while she skipped off to fall by Ryki's side.

"Hey," Ryki's green eyes meet Omega's warm brown ones. "Maggie" she nodded with a smile. The younger girl giggled at her nickname. They walked together in silence until Omega finally decided to question the mirialan, rather boldly, "So... how are you?" 

"I'm fine, I guess," Ryki replied, feeling slightly confused about the situation. A small turn of her head to the group of boys upfront brought her to meet Echo's seemingly innocent smiling face. "Echo asked you to talk to me, didn't he?" 

Omega smirked teasingly, "Yeah. Actually, I myself wanted to talk to you. Why are you so distracted today?" 

The innocence in Omega's voice was enough to make Ryki realize the underlying worry. She found it useless to lie to the child, also seeing as the young clone was more perceptive to the well-being of her new family. "I've had a very confusing day," Ryki sighed.

"With Hunter?" 

Ryki found herself flushing at the name, "I'm not really sure Maggie. I think so...but, it's complicated." Omega raised a brow, "What's so confusing about liking Hunter?"

"What? I didn't say-"

"Do you love, Hunter?" Omega thought out loud. Love. Was it love, or just the heat of the moment? Ryki thought back to the few moments she shared with the Sargeant. The first time they actually talked was during Omega's kidnapping by Cad Bane. It would mark their first argument too. Hunter was the first to apologize. Was it out of pity or just people's customs? What about the time with Vendi? Hunter risked his entire crew to rescue her. Is that love, or duty? 

Truthfully Ryki didn't know. She was never one to pick up on hints or loving gestures, given her tortured past. Omega tugged on Ryki's sleeves, drawing her from her trance. "Love is a big word Omega. I don't think I understand it much to realize it." 

The female clone thought about it, then she nodded "But you do like him." Ryki huffed, not knowing what she felt but nodded. She did like him after all. Omega squeezed Ryki's green-skinned hand reassuringly, "I think Hunter like likes you too." 

--- 

Usually, Cid's dingy bar was not on a tourist's top ten must-visit list but today spelled otherwise. The group was surprised to see the sudden surge of bar-goers rushing into Cid's parlor. "Think it's another bet?" Omega tugged on Hunter's hand. "We'll see. This parlor is not exactly a tourist spot," Echo said, cautiously surveying a few clad black armored people shifting by the parlor's entrance. 

Hunter turned back to whisper to his group, "Keep your eyes open. Whatever is going on here, I don't like it." The group nodded, naturally trusting Hunter's instincts. They marched on ahead while Hunter lingered back, pulling Ryki by her forearm to face him. As they met each other's eyes, both came to a stutter as words failed to pour out from their mouths. Ryki looked down to where Hunter's fingers firmly wrapped around her arm. It was the first time since their secret moment on Felucia where the two stood this close. "Uhm, I meant to ask you to stay safe in there,"