09 - Slave

*Warning: mentions of minor sexual implications and torture. Please forgive me but I wanted to dive into Ryki's back story, especially on Coruscant when she was a slave. If you are uncomfortable please don't read this. 

-> Summary: Mor Vendi gets Ryki back and breaks her so she doesn't fight back like she did the last time.*

"Hmm. Aurra Sing. Palliduvan bounty hunter who found her name during the Clone Wars. She worked for the big shots and has an impressive track record." 

Hunter brushed off Cid's intel. "Yeah, yeah. What I want to know is if you can track Ryki and how you didn't warn her about a bounty on her head?" 

Cid huffed angrily "I'm not all-knowing bandana!"

"You were supposed to keep her safe and watch her back! Did you know about this? Did you sell her out?" 

Wrecker stood by Omega and closed her ears.

"Kriffing sakes! I was not aware of Ryki's bounty, neither did I sell her out! you better not push any more accusations before I sell you out"

Omega watched as Hunter and Cid had a stand-off. Once things cooled down a little she spoke cautiously.

"Ryki told us before that she worked for Mor Vendi right? If we find Vendi we find Ryki." Omega said. Tech thought for a moment before typing into his datapad, "Omega's right. According to my research, Mor Vendi operated in Coruscant's lower levels. It is a higher possibility to find Ryki there." 

"He better not hurt her!" Wrecker shouted and Tech shook his head, "She's no good to him hurt. Vendi is a people pleaser and prefers his properties unscathed." 

"She's not his property. She's not anyone's property. We must attempt her rescue." Echo said assertively. 

Cid, hearing all of this, rolled her eyes. "Well, the answer is you can't save her." 

Hunter furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?" 

"Look, you're all wanted men. Coruscant is an Imperial party ground. The moment they scan your ship, they'll come after ya'. Plus, do you really wanna put tiny here in trouble? It's not like you could hide among the locals." she pointed a scally finger to Omega.

"We can't just leave her" Echo argued. Hunter sighed, not knowing what to do. Aurra Sing, the bounty hunter was a dangerous person to go against. It's a miracle how she had not come for Omega, instead, she came for their local guide. 

"Technically, we could." Tech pointed out after a few minutes. The boys and Omega perked up. "We already know that chain codes can be forged. Echo and I have kept the chain code algorithm that we acquired back on Saleucami so making fake identifications for us is not impossible. We just need an existing chain code disc to refer to in case the Empire has added new updates to their system." 

Cid looked that him like he lost his mind, "You're crazy!"

Cid's remark was ignored. Echo agreed with Tech "We could also scramble the Havoc Marauder's signature. The Empire would not know who we are." 

Hunter folded his arms and thought to himself, "How are we going to find the disc? There are no nearby spaceports here and we can't steal some civies disc. They could get caught." 

"How bout Cid?" Wrecker suggested but the trandoshan was quick to shut the idea down. "Actually, we don't have to look far. How about mine?" Omega raised her hand and wiggled her disc. The boys exchanged smiles and Wrecker high fives Omega. 

As they were about to leave, Cid stopped them, "Hold on a second. I didn't authorize this rescue. You boys are my money-making machine during these dark times and I will not jeopardize that."