00

"Your bounty hunter is Fennec Shand. She's new to the scene, but has already proven herself to be cunning and ruthless." The trandoshan managed to scrape some information for the Bad Batch holding up Cid's end of the bargain. 

"Who hired her?"

"Unknown. My sources in the Guild say she's working on a direct commission. With someone like her nipping at your heels, you're going to need two things: friends and money." Cid proclaims in brutal honesty. "Mostly money." She shrugs, highlighting the more important aspect Hunter needed to survive. 

The dark and broody man, as Cid put it, sighed. The only friend the Batcher's had was Cut and Su. Maybe Rex too, if they'll ever meet again. "Well, we're not swimming in either at the moment." 

"I guess it's a good thing ya met me then, isn't it?" the female trandoshan turns off the holo then proceeded to pick up the thirty per cent bounty she had promised the Bad Batch.

"Here's your cut." She opened the case to present it to Hunter, revealing the silver pieces of metal within. "There's more where that came from...if you're looking for work."Satisfied with the payment, Hunter nods and sees himself out with his credits. "I'll think about it." 

"It's interesting, a bounty hunter of Fennec's calibre being after you," Cid says with piquing interest. "You fellas must be pretty valuable." Halting his steps, Hunter turns a threatening glare at the trandoshan. "Don't worry. I'm good with secrets." 

The glare on Hunter's gaze hardened. Cid was a valuable informant, for the moment, but if he learned anything from his last trip to Pantora, it was never to trust easily. Thanks to the shady mechanic at Pantora, Omega was nearly kidnapped by Fennec Shand. "Hey, I'm not going to sell you out in case you're worried."

Hunter grunted and turned on his heels wordlessly to exit Cid's lair, only for the trandoshan to stop him once more. "I would advise you to lay low and don't draw attention. Seeing as your team is clearly unable to do that, I may have someone available to help you." 

The Sargent pondered on Cid's sudden offer. He did need some help blending in with civilians and going undercover. "And I suppose you want something in return?" 

"Well look who's catching up with business. Yes, but not now. I'll give you the coordinates of my person. She's within Ord Mantell, not too far off from here." Cid passed a chit containing the coordinates to Hunter. He fiddled with the chit, still debating about whether or not he really needed the help. "Thanks for the chit." 

The scales on Cid's face shifted as she grinned. "Remember, you still owe me. I'll give you a call when I need you to return the favour." 

"Right." Hunter grimaced. He much preferred not to owe Cid anything. But he faced the facts, him and his brother's needed to disappear desperately. 

"My person is reliable. If you want to disappear off the grid, she's your girl"

-----

Back at the Havoc Marauder, the Batcher's settled in. The exhaustion of the day catching up to them. "Awh man! This mercenary thing is awesome!" 

Echo sighed, dropping himself tiredly upon the chair. "I wouldn't call being electrocuted by shock collars awesome, Wrecker." 

Wrecker hummed and held onto his Lulla. "Maybe the Muchi part was a little too much." Running his memory of being swatted like a fly by an adolescent rancor. 

"Actually, the electricity from the collars aren't lethal to living beings. They are utilized to strike fear for compliance and obedience of individuals." Tech factually announced while taking his place at the pilot's seat. "And also to they become more submissive to their owners." Echo grumbled from behind "Yeah, well it's not fun either way." Hunter and Omega were the last to enter the Marauder's nose. "So, where to Hunter?" 

"We have something to discuss before we leave." He informed  Tech while relieving Omega of her heavy bag. "Are we not leaving Ord Mantell?" Omega inquired. Hunter shook his head, "Just before leaving Cid's office, she offered me this chit." Hunter passed the device to Tech's open palm, who then began to swiftly extract the data within. "These are coordinates. Are we required to go after someone?" the technician began to run the chit's information. 

The Batcher's looked towards Hunter expectantly, Echo having the most exasperated face at the moment. "We need to blend in with civilians and lay low when we're not running odd jobs. Cid suggested one of her people that may be able to help us out. We pay back her favour later." 

"So, we're getting a new recruit?" 

"I'm not sure yet Wrecker. Though I am planning to pay them a visit. What do you guys think?" 

Echo and Tech exchanged glances, both having a silent debate on Hunter's decision. "Well, I guess it's worth the try. We clearly have no idea how to act like civies, so I'm in." 

"I concur with Echo. We need to learn how to lay low, and we have proven on multiple occasions, we are terrible at it." Tech nodded in agreement then swivelled in his chair and prepared the take-off sequence. Hunter tiredly took off his helmet and slumped down beside Omega's seat. "Hunter, are you alright?" the young adolescent female leaned towards the soldier worriedly. Hunter smiled and offered her reassurance "I'm fine Omega. Just a little tired". 

Tech inputted the coordinates and made the essential calculations as he began to expertly manoeuvre his ship out of the landing bay. He silently thanked the Force for not needing to bribe anyone today. 

Meanwhile, at the far reaches of the city, a young mirialan woman had been busily toiling away at her herb garden. Blissfully enjoying her peace with a content smile, unaware of the trouble that is to come.