19 - Confrontation

"The damage to the exterior hull is not ad bad as I thought it would be" The boys gathered around Tech as he tightened some bolts on the ship's wing. 

"How long till we're able to fly?" Wrecker asked, grumbling quietly about the rain. Tech sat upwards and wiped away the grease that tainted his skin, wearing a worn-down look on his cold skin, "Hopefully not too long. I'd say another few hours would do the trick."

It was not the good news Hunter wanted to hear, but with no proper repair bays or tools, they'd have to make do with what they had. "Alright, just do what you can."

Tech nodded, "Any luck with Ryki?" 

Hunter's shoulders fell, disappointedly shaking his head. 

"You can track her right?" Echo hopefully asked while Tech went back to work.

"I'll need to move soon. Tracks won't be easy to read in this weather, never mind how soggy the ground is." The Sargeant replied, kicking at the loose ground.

A little while later, Hunter entered the ship to gather some supplies he would need to track their favourite civilian. On the way out, a soft blue light attracted him to the centre of the ship. Omega eyed various screens displayed over the dashboard, running her fingers over the words and occasionally tapping some inputs. Hunter neared the little clone, eyeing her work. 

Of course, she was looking for Ryki too. "Tracking her comms is impossible 'Mega." 

The blonde turned a sour face towards Hunter, "It's not. I can find her. We need to find her." 

Hunter sighed and slowly turned her seat so she was now facing him, "We will, Omega. But Ryki's comms have been damaged and we can't track her that way." 

Omega's golden brown eyes began to tear up, "How will we find her?" 

"I have my skills remember. We'll find her in no time." 

"Promise?"

Hunter smiled, nodding his head and pledged his promise. "I-"

Blaster shots rang through the forest. Omega gasped and tightened her hold on the Sargeant, looking at him worriedly. Both herself and Hunter ran outside in a panic finding Tech, Wrecker and Echo in a similar alert state. "I thought we already took care of those Imps"

All eyes turned to the genius clone, "We did. That blast came from the jungle." Just as Tech said that several more blaster shots rang out. "Those shots couldn't have gone off far. The only other people out there are Crosshair and Ryki."

Hunter nodded quickly, "Alright, Wrecker you're with me. Tech, Echo, get this ship fixed. More Imps could be on their way. We're getting our people and then blasting away far from this planet." Wrecker quickly got ready as the other two of Hunter's brothers got back to the ship. 

Omega approached him, "I'll-"

"No. I'm sorry, Omega, but you can't follow." Hunter told her sternly. Wrecker joined him and they began to jog off toward the direction of the sound. 

Before disappearing into the giant fungus jungle, Hunter turned to face Omega. "We'll be safe, alright. I promise you. Stay with Tech and Echo." 

Omega gulped and nodded sadly. Wrecker gave her a two-fingered salute then both clones disappeared into the jungle. She could only hope that all of them would be able to reunite safely, and soon. Hunter, Wrecker, Ryki... even Crosshair.

---

Crosshair's body dragged along in the mud, half of his body pretty much sinking in the ground. Ryki puffed as she readjusted her hold on the sniper. Not to forget that her now twisted ankle didn't help much: mostly because she kept tripping over roots that she could not see.