11 - Break The Chain

A/N -I just love the song, hehe-

The Marauder finally reached the inner rim, where the space routes were already brimming with life as shuttles and starships flew back and forth within the system. The end of the Clone Wars marked the beginning of a new era under the Empire, a shadow of the former more glorious Republic that proceeded it. Cid contacted Vendi to inform him of her awaited arrival, the latter providing coordinates to a remote part in Coruscant's den of thieves. The boys, Wrecker and Hunter geared up as Cid's bodyguards and donned masks to cover their faces, as per Tech's suggestion in case the Coruscant police may recognize them as Imperial enemies. 

"Do I really need to be handed over as a gift?" Echo asked distastefully while Wrecker helped him to adjust the droid mask over his face. "It's only until we save Ryki, Echo. She's our friend and she needs our help," Echo deeply sighed as Omega tugged on his hand, "Who could say no to those eyes?" Echo patted Omega on her head, reassuring her that he'd go along with the plan. 

Tech walked into the interior hull to join the others, "I've synchronized our inner ear comms to a frequency only my ship can access," 

"Our ship" Echo corrected. Tech rolled his eyes and passed the comm pieces to the others.

"Whatever. Once Echo hacks into the system and shuts down Mor Vendi's communications and loop the security cameras, I will have eyes on the actual live feed security feed as well as the layout of the bar and will guide you out for the escape. Also, I have fitted micro camera's to your disguise," He pointed specifically to Hunter and Wrecker. Tech then tapped on his datapad and connected the feedback of the micro camera's to the display screen. 

Omega gawked in amazement at the display on the screen. The micro camera's recorded the others in the room. "I'll be monitoring from this feedback as well." Hunter and the others nodded.

---

Tech piloted the Havoc Marauder into Coruscant airspace. A ping came in asking for the ship's signature and Tech pinged back the Havoc Marauder's scrambled signature key. The comm chatter between Coruscant's traffic control went quiet for a moment too long, the boys were getting angsty. Finally, a confirmation pinged back from the traffic control base and the crew sighed in relief. "Guess we know that works now." Echo sank into his seat. 

Omega leaned into Tech's side and looked at him with glittering stars in her eyes "Can you teach me how to do that?". Of course, he agreed.

The ship landed on Vendi's exclusive landing pad, reserved for his more high-class clients. Cid led the boys out as soon as the landing hatch opened. Before Hunter left the ship, Omega tugged on his hand to hug him and wish him luck and waved Echo, Cid and Wrecker goodbye. 

"Alright, I've got eyes and ears," Tech informed them. "Understood goggles," Cid replied. "Okay, now let me do all the talking. Vendi loves to be adored by his clients and usually becomes dumbly immune to suspecting trouble." 

Wrecker's modulated voice crackled through his helmet "He doesn't sound that smart" 

"No. He never is." Cid agreed. The four walked across the empty platform and paused as they reached a neon blue light sign that read "Maq'dere Bar". Cid shared one final look with the boys and knocked on the door. 

An armed Weequay guard answered the door. "Identification, please." Cid slipped a disc to the guard and he scanned it. Cid's disc beeped back and she was clear to enter but the guard pointed his blaster to the disguised clones. "Oh, they are with me. My bodyguards." Cid stepped in. 

Silently, the guard extended his hand in demand of their identification. Cid glanced back to Hunter and Wrecker encouragingly. Hunter and Wrecker both slipped their discs next, feeling slightly nervous in case the discs suddenly fail. The weequay scanned their discs, looking through the information displayed. He began to look back and forth between Hunter and Wrecker and the information from the disc. Cid looked worriedly at the exchange, already fearing for the worse while the boys shifted uncomfortably.