24 - Captured

Daro. 

Forest planet. Beautiful, peaceful. Harmonious. 

Ryki muttered under her breath again as she busied herself with the medicine kit. She already had a surplus of medicines and healing ointments that she makes specifically for the four men and one child that she lives with. Especially since they somewhat find themselves in the most dangerous situations. Yeah, working for Cid's helps you stay safe, but if you are not careful it can cost you an arm and a leg. The surplus should put her mind to ease. It didn't. The Bad Batch had gone out to survey the planet's surface and gather whatever information they could about the mission as Hunter led the trek through the forest using his enhanced abilities. The clone they were sent to find got caught and Hunter had instructed the girls and Wrecker to go back to the ship and wait for further orders. They were acting as the get-away crew, much to the mirialan's dislike. 

Wrecker and Omega sat in the cockpit doing who knows what. Wrecker's joyful laughs echoed into Ryki's quarters did little to put her at ease. The mirialan sighed and placed her kit down. She is somewhere between the twentieth kit of patented medicine as a result of her worrying too much. Throwing her head back, Ryki glanced at the comm device sitting on her table. Hunter had yet to call her.

She wished for a small update. Like a 'Hey we're not dead' or a 'Cyare, I'm on my way back and there is nothing here'.

"No... nothing. Zelch, Zero. Of course, he wouldn't call me. Wouldn't want to jeopardize his mission," In the middle of her rant, she did not notice the door opening. "Who are you talking about?" Ryki swiveled to meet Omega and gave her a soft smile before inviting her in.

"No one. Just tired is all"

Omega gave the mirialan a sad look, "I'm not dumb, Ryki. I know you are talking about Hunter.

Ryki frowned and pulled Omega onto her lap and hugged her, rubbing her back comfortingly "No, you're not, and yes I am talking about Hunter." The girls cuddled into each other, finding calm from the other. "Are you and Hunter alright?". Ryki stilled, "We-It's complicated, love. It's nothing bad, it's just- I worry, Omega. I worry so much that Hunter, and the guys might find themselves in a situation that they cannot get out of one day. What am I to do then?" 

Omega tightly bunched on the mirialan's clothes indicating the worry she felt rolling of the other female. "I'm scared, Omega. I don't know if I am capable of keeping you safe or- what if something bad happens to you and I'm unable to protect you? I don't know how to fight properly, I don't-"

"Ryki!" Omega's tiny voice cut through Ryki's rambling clean like a lightsabre. She did not notice it then but tears poured out in streams and trailed down the mirialan's face. Ryki watched Omega shift in her lap to face her properly. Her tiny hand gently wipes the tears of the older female, "We may not know what to do now, but we will figure things out, right?" .

Ryki tilted her head into Omega's palm as she wonders how optimistic the young girl could be and the wisdom Omega seemed to hold. "I don't think Hunter, Echo, Tech, or Wrecker would leave us so soon anyways. I think they are too stubborn to even try to leave us anyways." Ryki huffed, a small sad smile creeping onto her face. "Hunter loves you," Omega declared sincerely. "I love you too," she said sheepishly. "I feel like you're my mother. Or-or maybe sister, you know, if you don't feel like-" 

A small kiss on the forehead stopped Omega's own rambling. Ryki gently cupped Omega's face and rested her own forehead on Omega's , "I love you too, kid, and I'll be whatever you want me to be." The girls hung on to each other like a lifeline, both now enveloped in peace and serenity. Who knows how long this happy feeling would last, after all, everything seems to cave down around them. At least they had the boys and each other.