-Chapter 3-

THE TEAM GATHERED AROUND the small jet table on the way home from the long case

THE TEAM GATHERED AROUND the small jet table on the way home from the long case. Your feet throbbed in your heels while thinking of your new mission the day after the bar. Jade wasn't coming this time which was a normal. Only every once in a while would she come with you mostly for creeps.

You and Aaron still hadn't talked about the kiss in the pool. A small piece of you was glad he hadn't said anything and had just returned to his rude self around the team.

On occasion, you would catch his eyes drifting around your body; studying you for minutes at a time. You didn't think he had noticed the small crime so you just brushed it off trying to recoup your mind from its mush.

"So who is up for drinks?" Derek asked earning a groan from the entire team.

"Derek all you do it flirt with woman and go to clubs" you teased.

"Hey, hey, hey don't hate the player-"

"Hate the game" the whole team says before burying out into a fit of laughter excluding Hotch who didn't move an inch.

Everyone explained their reasoning to Derek. JJ needed to be with Henry, Emily had a sin to win weekend, and the others you tuned out. You kept your mouth shut during that even if the team hadn't noticed your silence you were mostly at ease with them forgetting about you.

"And Russo what are you doing?" Hotch asked plopping the file down. Your eyes hooded over the rim of your drink.

Chocking your head to the side you simply shrugged, "Wine and a movie, i'm so tired after this case".

Hotch clenched his jaw at your calmness. Clearly he wanted something more, something to throw you off guard. Despite the fact it didn't work he still bore eyes into you.

"I hope you guys enjoy you time though." you finished smiling.

-

Your hands ran over the sleek black fabric of your pantsuit. Weirdly enough whenever your team went out, you always dressed professionally rather than frisky. According to Atlas is was a way to establish dominance which never really made much sense to you. Jade was going to pick you up and drive you down to a bar. There wasn't a real reason to be scared but, you hadn't seen Fallon and Atlas in a while and whenever this happened, they become judgmental and hard to talk to.

Just before your thoughts became wrapped up, there is a loud honk by your window indicating someone was here.

Once you got in you both greeted each other and made small talk while driving down the dark roads. Not much had changed since the last time you saw her, thankfully. Quite frankly, you didn't think you could handle another change in your life after that kiss with Aaron. Subconsciously you would pull you hand up to touch your lip, hoping that magical feeling would reappear, only to come up with nothing. He didn't have feelings for you and you knew that. This was a one time slip up because he has a wife and kid.