-Chapter 12-

Aarons POV

Aarons POV

I made a list.

One that was filled with everything I could undercover because of that note.

I fired her, suspended her, slept with her. Each led up to what I was looking down on right now. A single piece of paper that I've read over so many times that it feels as if two hands are squeezing my head together.

It's the note that had Jade's name on it. Confusion was the first thing that swept my mind but also madness. Throughout the entire thing, I only came across a small bit of information that pondered my mind, day and night.

Out of the days I have looked at this note, things never become clearer. For a moment I believed if I called Reid, he could help me understand it. Even with Haley next to me at night, I couldn't sleep without thinking of her, of Fallon.

Perhaps that's not even her name. I still wonder where I came up with that theory. I wrote her back and had it delivered to the BAU but when she got to her desk it was just another stack in the pile. Whenever I suspended her I knew she would come back. At first I was going to let it be but after I wouldn't have a liar on my team.

"Honey dinner's almost ready!" Haley called.

My body tensed at her voice. Fallon was right, this marriage is falling apart and there is no way I could salvage it. Truthfully, we are only in it for Jack but we are both cheating on each other. I shook my head and read the note over again.

Hey,

It's Jade but you already knew that. When we first got recruited you said you wanted a pen pal and that's how we became friends. Now we have been in this for three months, isn't that crazy? Anyways Brown, (I think that is his name) is the hard ass you said he was. I wonder what was in the contracts to make him that way? One day we have to find them, before I explode. Yes, I know what you're going to say, 'It's not safe to write this stuff down and ship it, that's how people get their covers blown'.

C'mon it's 2001, do you really think people are going to figure out our mail. Do people even steal mail? I don't care all that much. How is that scar doing? The one on your collar bone. It sucks I'm in Iowa on the most boring mission or I would help you out. I can't even think of why Brown would do that to any of us. I never showed you mine but it's on my leg, I thought the pain would be lesser there. Is that proper grammar? Using the word lesser?

Anyways, I will come home soon. I hope you can see your brother again one day. I forgot his name like you did. You told me once when we were in the fighting ring for training but after evaluations, my own life was sucked out of me. I want to hear all about the BAU as well! Write back, okay? I have lots more to discuss.

Love, Jade. 2-18-2001.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back down after once again reading it over.