-Chapter 16-

IT'S BEEN FIVE MONTHS since you kicked Hotch out of your house

IT'S BEEN FIVE MONTHS since you kicked Hotch out of your house. Work had pricked up at the department but you couldn't stop the nagging feeling in your chests that he found out everything.

Since you hadn't talked to him, whatever he knew or how much he did, was kept a secret. You would be lying if you said it didn't bother you that you couldn't find out all he uncovered.

Your house is swarmed with letters from Jade, documents, birth certificates, incriminating material mostly. Brown still didn't know you had the contract, and you had yet to open Averys. There wasn't a particular reason why, but you just wanted to wait until he was with you after graduation to talk more.

From a moment you almost went mad and tried to leave the department. In the contract it said, if your cover was blown it would mean discharge, however Brown would know what you and Jade did. Now, you were running into dead ends with no knowledge.

You didn't care to find your parents anymore either. You didn't want answers from them or some shitty excuse, it would only make things worse.

Breathing out, you looked down at your phone, hovering your finger over his contact. Is this worth it? He betrayed you Y/n. Don't listen to his explanation, he doesn't deserve it. Your brain was nagging you on.

Curiosity always wins. You finally clicked the call button and pulled your phone up to your ear, hands trembling, leg bouncing. Even sitting on the couch didn't give you the stability you needed to prepare for what was about to happen.

"Agent Hotchner," he answered sternly. Your breath catches in your throat.

"Hey uh- Hotch it me" you say hesitantly. You weren't charismatic or making a duty to please him with your words.

"Oh- um- hello?" he wasn't sure what to call you. It was confusing to no end.

Inevitably your voice shook with anger that you could conceal under a fake tone. "We need to talk. After your little charade, I see it's only fair to listen to what you uncovered".

Aaron was silent. Something he tends to do when he is in the wrong. It hurt physically and mentally that he would do this to you after confessing love over the phone. Obviously he found something inside your house afterwards to lead to the hostile behavior once you got back. Over the phone he seemed sweet and carefully picked his words like a bed of flowers.

Part of you couldn't blame him. For so long you have just been lying but it wasn't like you would outright tell him you were an assassin working for the government who is really twenty-two and not twenty-seven.

"Is that necessary?"

"I'm afraid so. The government doesn't dilly daddle with confidentiality" you bite back. "And we need to talk anyways. After what happened, we left on a bad tone, my apologies".

"Why are you being like this?" He asked. You raised your brows despite the fact he couldn't see you.

"I'm not sure I'm following..."