-Chapter 6-

YOU HATE DAYS OFF

YOU HATE DAYS OFF.

When there was a day off at the BAU, it was a day on for a team meeting at the department. It was weird switching between works, but this will always be your true home. Despite how you ended up here, you would always enjoy the presence of the staff and members.

People greeted you through the glass halls of the west wing down to your office, some you didn't know. You'd have to admit you loved meeting new attendees at the department, whether it'd be fresh college students or just people touring, it brought a small glimpse of happiness into your day.

No one who toured or was just hired know about the creed just yet. To them, your a assistant to important executive officers.

You didn't have much time to think of Aaron after he left because you honestly just passed out on your bed to avoid the shame. You figured he went home to wife and pretended nothing happened. Maybe that's all it was- a quick fuck- a mistake- a slip up.

"Y/n thank god your here these men are killing me. They are like fucking wasps" Jade ran to catch up with you.

A smile creep on your face with her presence, she was like a breath of fresh air, "Sometimes Jade I wonder why you don't stand up for yourself" you shrug.

"I don't want to be fired"

"You can't. Neither of us can, our parents made a deal with the government. If anything, those men work for us" you smirked.

"You love having power don't you" Jade laughed along with you as you both walked down the hall.

"If only you knew." you paused for a moment, "So how are things going with Coby?" you asked, changing the subject.

She rolled her eyes, "Couldn't be happier and it's annoying. It's weird."

"Why?" you questioned, furrowing your brows.

"I always preach about hating men just to go home to one every night".

You nodded in acknowledgment, understanding where she was coming from. Sometimes you wished you had someone to come home to. Someone to hold you after and long day and tell you everything would be okay. A small part of you hoped for Aaron to stay after you had sex with him but another was forcing him away- your brain telling you to run off into your room and leave him to see his way out.

Still, you felt bad. You were both using each other out of hate. He said the pool wasn't a mistake and you wanted to think that as well, but it was a mistake. Your brain keeps racking back and forth until you settled on that conclusion. Both of your jobs would be at risk if you and Aaron were found together at the BAU.

"I find it ironic. Does Coby know what you say?" you laugh.

"Mmm, I don't think so- let's keep it that way" she says, pushing your office door open.