-Chapter 19-

IT WAS BACK, his body thrusting into you and the mix of heat between your body filling the air along with moans and rapid breathing

After the park, you went back to the hotel and he did in fact get you back, it was different from last time. More rough and pleasurable. Not that last time wasn't, you just liked seeing this side of him more. As you both came down from your highs and cleaned up you noticed the grimace look on his face like something was nagging him on.

You pulled the sheets over your exposed chest and looked him dead in the eye, "Tell me Aaron. You look like Penelope trying to keep a secret."

He looked at you with a confused expression. "I thought you didn't get close with the team?"

"That's deflection. Plus it's easy to notice when I worked there for years" you say, slightly stubbornly.

"Strauss is trying to get dirt on me through Emily. I found out last week. She is trying to nail me into the ground and with the team already struggling- I can't be there like I need to" he says.

Part of him wasn't lying but there was something else that he was conflicted on. A few hours ago you talked about how amazing it felt to be away from the BAU, moments before he was going to ask you to join the team. Things would be different, you were free from the department and he believed the team would welcome you back with open arms now that you weren't constantly trying to hide your past.

"Strauss would do that?"

"You know how she is. All she cares about is politics. She has been after me for years a-and I'm afraid that she will use my thinking against me."

"What do you mean?"

"When you think on your feet it's different from thinking rationally, especially in the field" he rambled as if he didn't already know these things.

"Hotch, she is on the verge of retirement. The bureau is probably on her ass about how she is still in power" you shrugged.

"She wants me to be gone. It's been that way for a long time."

You smiled sympathetically as you watched him get dressed, he had been called on a case sadly while you sat around and did nothing. You missed it a little bit yet was at ease with your decision to distance yourself from the BAU.

"I don't think that was all" you murmured. "I can profile people too."

A flash of anger crossed his face before softening again. "Aaron you can tell me" you say softly.

"I would put that kind of pressure on you"

"What do you mean?"

"The team hasn't been the same since you've been gone. I know you think they don't pay attention to you, but they do, Y/n."

Your stomach formed into a knot listening to him. You thought yesterday you were past this and now he is asking you to come back while also beating around the bush.