Hindsight

Hindsight was always 20/20

Kokichi knew of his first love. That being Keebo who the male used to run around with and sneak out of the castle grounds with when they found enough free time. It wasn't a surprise when Kokichi would soon fall in love with Keebo eventually because of the amount of intimate moments these two had with each other. That being them killing a monster together, followed by sleeping under the willow trees that weren't far away from the castle, or you can mention the several times that Keebo would take care of the other whenever they were sick. But of course, Kokichi came to terms with himself when he grew older and his affection towards Keebo went from romantic to more of a bromance. That being said, Kokichi confessed to Keebo that he did have a crush on the robot, but it eventually died down, and Keebo was just happy that Kokichi didn't change their relationship the slightest when the infatuation was changed.

That being said, Kokichi never knew that his next love was of an emo boy who had dropped out of nowhere and Kokcihi eventually saved him from a turf war that was going on between kingdoms. Shuichi eventually came under Kokcihi's care because he found him first and had to take care of the obvious traumatized male but eventually Kokichi let him go and be his own man in this world that consisted of gangs, mafias, and no ruler to set any ground rules after the Komaeda Kingdom eventually fell apart, leaving only Kokichi and Keebo as the only survivors.

Kokichi eventually allowed Shuichi to join their ranks because he believed that the male had potential in him as cheesy as that sounded. And before he knew it, their previous mentor and student relationship blossomed into a friendly one and later on in Kokichi's case, a somewhat romantic one

. . . . . . .

Of course, Shuichi's and Kokichi's relationship didn't falter as much and later on Shuichi became a head in DICE considering Kokichi had allowed some trust towards him. Something that the purple-haired male didn't distribute like candy to other recruits but he gave it freely towards the emo. They would usually train with each other since their skill sets were pretty similar, but of course, considering Kokichi was the leader of DICE he had to skip one of their matches to catch up on some work that he had finished.

This happened regularly, and Shuichi was always a good sport about it and Kokichi would always return back and resume everything like nothing happened. Yet, there was one exception for this, because she had come to check up on Shuichi. Kokichi had a fair idea of what a maiden was like, that being of his caring mother who took care of him while his father was always out protecting her innocence of this wreck of a world.

An ideal woman for most people was a girl who was pretty, graceful, had good charisma, and elegant in any form. And it just so happens that Shuichi's secretary, Emily, checked out all of those boxes. She was caring, an angel sent from above in these grueling times, and yet she was one able to put up a fight. She had came to Shuichi to scold him for not finishing up his work, but she noticed how Shuichi seemed to have an urge to unwind since he really didn't want to work on anything.

And even though Emily wasn't able to put up much of a fight, she was able to unwind Shuichi enough to convince him to go back and take a break with the male reciprocating and walking back home to finish up his work. Emily, Emily, Emily, Kokcihi has grown to detest that name, though he couldn't because she was one of the sweetest people out there, not to mention she was fairly attractive, but not much for Kokichi, but it was a whole different story to Shuichi.

After sometime, Shucihi started making more excuses to not spend time with Kokichi and when Kokichi was out running errands because his secretary was taking care of some other work that he had assigned him. In the corner of his eyes he could see Emily with her hair down that was graceful as ever, her golden locks were stunning no matter how you looked at it and Kokichi started becoming self-conscious of his own hair. Patting it while staring at how neat Emily's was.