'Till We Meet Again

So- phantom thief, but Tsumugi is going to be the phantom thief and the antagonist of this one-shot. Why? Because... plot-

________

{Phantom Thief AU}

> I have known, since a long time ago

Kokichi looked down at the detective-in-training that was resting in his lap. His hair wet along with his clothes. Kokichi was in the same condition as the male resting on his lap, water covering every inch of his body. Kokichi sighed as he played with the stubborn strand of hair that Shuichi bore that would never be flattened.

Now, why were they laying by a river all soaked? The detective-in-training tried to drown himself that day. Giving up, because the stress finally caught up to him and he saw the river as a safe way out of this twisted world that he lived in. One tainted with crime, but he should've expected that. There is always something to keep balance here, but why did it have to be his beautiful hometown that was plagued with crime.

"Oh it's you again." said Shuichi looking up at Kokichi, swatting his hand gently away from his hair since it seemed to bother him a little bit. Kind of ironic how they never met at normal terms with each other. Shuichi tried drowning himself earlier this year, but Kokichi was just walking by and was able to save the other male before death got a hold of him.

"Interrupting me everytime aren't you." said Shuichi quietly while Kokichi just stared down at him, keeping quiet. Usually he would make jokes to lighten things up, but he wasn't really fond of saving the same person again from being suicidal."You already know that I will jump agai-" said Shuichi, but was caught off guard when Kokichi hugged him.

"Well I saved you 2 times, so I'm expecting a reward from you." said Kokichi. Shuichi hummed and then asked "What do you want? For me to take you out for food?" Kokichi shook his head as he made Shuichi sit up right."No, promise me this. I want you to live no matter what." said Kokcihi. Shuichi became silent since this was actually the first time someone confronted him about this. Well mostly, because he kept it to himself with subjects like this.

"Alright, I promise." said Shuichi and Kokichi for the first time since they met, gave him a genuine smile. Which seemed to be contagious, because Shuichi caught himself smiling back at the purple-haired male.

> That I will not, can not

Tsumugi hummed a small tune to herself as she played with the tophat that she usually perched on her head while looking at Kokichi with a small smirk on his face."I want to ask you this Kokichi." said Tsumugi as she stared intently at the ring that was glistening in the moonlight that Kokichi was wearing."Why do you go so far to save everyone?" asked Tsumugi as rubble fell near them. They were both stuck in a building and Kaito was escorting Shuichi out which was Kokichi's last request towards him.

"Well I guess I just love playing hero. Might as well call me Momota-chan." said Kokichi while Tsumugi nodded and then said "Even if both of them make it out alive, you won't escape this place." This made Kokichi silent, because he knew that the inevitable was going to happen."Throwing your life away for one person. Isn't it foolish?" asked Tsumugi, leaning towards Kokichi, making him take a step back.

"Bold of you to even act like that. I never understood your burning hate for your own brother." said Kokichi, laughing to himself while Tsumugi joined in on his laughter, but she can sense the pain hidden within that laugh."There was always something that I failed to do, but this time, I will definitely make it work." said Kokichi as he moved his hand down to his waist.

"For that reason, being a fool is just fine with me." said Kokichi, grabbing out his gun and pointing it straight at the grinning Tsumugi."If you must." said Tsumugi as she grabbed out her own gun and pointed it at Kokichi.

> Be the one that saves the person that you hold so dearly,

Tsumugi started rummaging through the files that were in Shuichi's office."Hm, the files aren't here." said Tsumugi as she put her hand on the handle of the drawer, getting ready to close it."Oh my bad." said a voice behind her, and she recognized it as Shuichi."I already took it out for you." said Shuichi as he pointed his gun towards Tsumugi's head, which made Tsumugi smirk.

"Well, if isn't this nostalgic, Shuichi Ouma." said Tsumugi, rising up from her spot, with Shuichi giving her a dark glare, keeping his gun pointed at Tsumugi's head as she rises."To still be chasing after me, after all this time." said Tsumugi, turning towards Shuichi, not flinching at the gun that was dangerously close to her.

"For someone like you, it's really quite impressive." said Tsumugi, making Shuichi lower his gun from her face so that they can create eye contact without a pistol obscuring part of Tsumugi's vision."It's because of him isn't it? Your husband that died during the attack 2 years ago." said Tsumgui, smirking at Shuichi while the male gave her an unreadable expression."Kokichi Ouma, wasn't that his name?" teased Tsumugi.

"Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with him." lied Shuichi, having Kokichi rubbing off on him for the few months that they were able to be a married couple before the inevitable came through."I just really hate you." said Shuichi in a dark tone as he raised his gun back towards the smiling female.

Shuichi was immediately caught off guard when he heard a crack and when he turned around, he noticed that there was an absurdly large crack in one of the walls in his office with the faint sound of helicopter wings spinning at the other side.

> That's why, this time, without me,

The wall shattered and Shuichi's eyes widened from shock while Tsumugi fell back, but Kokichi was able to catch her by the collar before she fell down the extremely tall building. Shuichi noticed how the golden eye that Kokcihi would usually hide was no longer covered by contacts, but the contacts were no longer there."Didn't I tell you not to interrupt?" asked Tsumugi while Kokichi gave her a smirk.

"Sorry, it pisses me off that some rando detective dares to attack my boss in my presence." said Kokichi, laughing to himself with his voice laced with pure malice."Hey emo hat." said Kokichi as he jumped off of the helicopter and landed gracefully on the black carpet of Shuichi's office, standing by Tsumugi."Before I kill you." said Kokichi as he pulled out a gun from his belt and pointed it at Shuichi."Just who the hell are you?" asked Kokichi

> Please find your own happiness.