Chapter 29: Freedom

"How much shit is going to go wrong!" You yell as you kneel in front of the elevator circuit board, crossing wires trying to get the metal box moving again. You cross two wires and the elevator drops, hurtling towards the ground in a freefall. The group starts to scream as you continue to work, your hands shaking as you try to figure out how to stop the runaway elevator.

"I think that was the wrong thing!" Genji screams from besides you.

"Will you shut the fuck up! I am trying to-" The elevator screeches to a halt and throws the group of you inside around, cutting off your sentence.

"Is everyone alright?" Tracer asks as you help up one of Lucio's men.

"Just minor bumps and bruises." Genji groans as he stands up.

"The cyborg ninja gets minor bumps and bruises?" You ask sarcastically as you kneel next down to the panel.

"How is the elevator situation?" Lucio asks.

"Shit is busted. Had to cut...a lot of wires to get us to stop." You reply as the opening starts to fill with smoke.

"What is the plan now?" You hear Brigitte ask from behind you. "You guys have a backup plan right?"

"Of course we do!" Tracer replies. "Love we don't have a backup plan do we?" She then whispers to you.

"Go calm her down. I will get us out of this." Tracer shuffles her way through the crowded elevator and kneels next to Brigitte, trying to calm her down.

"Okay, but we still don't have a plan." Genji comments.

"Just so preceptive aren't you Shimada?" You groan as you stand up. "We ended up on the 17th floor. Just going to crack open the door and then we take the stairs the rest of the way."

"Fighting Vishkar troops the entire way." He adds.

"Oh come on. I know that blade isn't dull yet." He sighs at you as you grip between the elevator doors. Once a big enough gap is made, Genji wedges himself in between them and the two of you slowly open a wide enough hole for everyone to make their way out.

"Go easy love." Tracer says to Brigitte as the two of you help her out.

"I am not made of glass." She says weakly as she does her best to push herself out. Lucio and Genji grab her and help her out the rest of the way as Lucio's men secure the immediate area.

"Ladies first." You say as you gesture to the door.

"Always such as class act." Tracer says with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah whatever." You exit once she is out of the way and join the others.

"Hallways seems to be clear." Lucio tells you.

"A little too clear." Genji remarks.

"Sir. They have set up laser grids and some sort of turret system throughout the rest of the floor and on the floor below." One of Lucio's men tells him.

"They are funneling us to the main lobby." You comment. "Well...seems like they are in the mood for a fight."

"We will be ready for them." You turn and see Brigitte looking at you, bracing herself against a wall as she breathes heavily. You shake your head and walk over to her, looking down slightly once in front of her.

"You think that is a good idea Lindholm?"

"You think that is a question?" She replies with a smirk. You let out a snort of laughter as you reach down to your side.

"Don't have time to go find your full set of out of wherever they are keeping it, but I know you can use this." You hand her your ax before reaching around to your back. "And you can use this too."