Ch 13: Happy Halloween

Little holiday special for y'all. I figured enough time has passed by that it would be getting closer to Halloween and that it would be cool to do a Halloween Chapter! Hope that you all enjoy!

I would also like to clear something up. If it has not been obvious by now, you are taller than Brigitte. I have looked at multiple sources and many sites and sources I have seen have came to the conclusion that she is between 5'11" and 6'1" when out of armor so I am going to be saying that she is around 6'0". I know that some of you that read this will be shorter than her, but it is easier for me to write it as being taller since I stand at 6'4". I apologize to anyone that expected this to be a story where she is taller and picks you up instead of it being the other way around. Either way, I hope you enjoy.

Training room, around 5 p.m. on Friday

"Ten. Eleven. Twelve." You take a deep breath and re-rack the weight off of your shoulders.

"Not bad. Looks like someone has been hitting the weights since he was a kid." Jesse says as you take a swig of water out of your bottle.

"Yeah well, what can I say. Had to get ready to help save the world you know, especially with the light weight you seem to be pushing over there." you say with a chuckle. The two of you finish up your workout and run into Tracer as you both are walking out of the training area. 

"Hiya loves! You two getting excited for the Halloween party coming up soon?" she asks cheerfully.

"I am thinking of going as a cowboy this year. How about you (Y/N)?" McCree says with a laugh. You and Tracer both roll your eyes.

"Well I think Brig said something about us making costumes together. I left the theme up to her, you know how excited she gets about this stuff." you tell the two.

"Aww you two are going to look sooo cute." she giggles. "Well I got to go. Pharah is waiting for me somewhere around here for out workout so I can't keep her waiting."

"I think she is over by the treadmills." McCree says as the two of you bid her goodbye and head out of the door.

"Gotta say partner, it is good to see that you two are finally together. Good for my wallet too." he says with a chuckle as you two walk to your rooms.

"What do you mean? Don't tell me there was a bet going on?" you say while rolling your eyes at him.

"Haha, let's just say when we found out you two would be reunited, the money started being thrown around. You should be proud of me! I had the most faith that it would happen soonest." he says, putting his arm on your shoulder. 

"Any chance that I could get a cut of that?" you say to him with a chuckle.

"Tell you what, next time we go out the first drink is on me. Deal?" he says as the two of you reach his room and he starts to reach for the handle.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll catch you later Jesse." The cowboy tips his hat to you as he enters his room. You make your way down the hall and enter your own room. A note sits on the counter top in the kitchen.

"(Y/N), went into town to grab some Halloween supplies. Be back soon! Love, Brigitte :)" You smile to yourself and feel your stomach rumble. It was getting around dinner time, so you decide to whip up some food for the two of you for when she returns. You search around the cabinets and find the right ingredients for the meal that you have in mind. The sound of a chopping knife fills the air as you cut up the ingredients to make homemade sauce for spaghetti. You are adding the pasta to the boiling water as you hear the door open.

"Oh my gosh, what smells so delicious? (Y/N)? Oh my god you didn't have to!" she happily says as she enters your guy's place.

"Well I figured that you would like a homemade meal after going into town...plus I am starving after training today." you say as you continue to stir the sauce. You feel her come up behind you and wrap her arms around your torso and place her chin on your shoulder.