Chapter 17: Egypt Part 3

8 Days Later

"And that is the report for the night Captain. Is there anything else that you need?"

"Nothing else to report to you. New information will be sent in the morning as usual. It is interesting, activity has died down over the past few days. I am expecting something to happen, but we just need to sit and wait until our time to strike arises. Go get some sleep child, I will contact you in the morning."

"Good night Captain." You say as you turn off the radio and move to the couch. You let out a deep sigh as your relax into the cushions and close your eyes. A pair of hands move onto your shoulders and start to give you a massage.

"You seem stressed min kärlek." You pat the side of the couch next to you and Brigitte comes over and cuddles up into your side and smiles up at you.

"I just...I need this to go well. Morrison put my on this as the number two and if this fails then I look like I am incompetent."

"Morrison put you on this for a reason. The activity has died down because we have been taking out smaller groups of Talon and slowed down their operation. You are doing an amazing job, don't be so hard on yourself (Y/N)." She says before giving you a kiss on the cheek. You let out a sigh and lay your head on her lap. Brigitte looks down at you with a smile and runs her fingers through your hair and rubs your back.

"I just don't want to think about that right now, I need a vacation with my girl." You sigh and close your eyes.

"You know, the holidays are coming up and I did say that you could come to my family's house in Sweden instead of staying on the base." Your eyes flash open and meet hers.

"You mean that? Your parents won't mind." She laughs and gives you a smirk.

"I am sure that my mother will love you and you already have papa's approval. It'll be a great time. Christmas in Gothenburg is the best, plus my mother's cooking is to die for."

"Well if it is anything like yours, then I am sure that it will be fantastic." She smiles and leans down and gives you a soft kiss on your lips. The two of you continue to talk and relax until your phone starts buzz from the table.

"What is up Lena?"

"(Y/N)! We are under heavy fire! We need you and Brigitte here right now! Pharah and Genji will be here soon, but we need you two here now!"

"We are on our way. Just keep your head down and sit tight." You and Brigitte frantically get your gear on and make your way down the stairs to the streets. The dim streetlights illuminate the near abandoned road as the two of you sprint to the location Tracer had sent the two of you. The sounds of gunshots start to get louder as the two of you turn a corner and see a squad of Talon soldiers sprinting towards the scene. You two take after them until they come to a stop, but the two of you continue to run forward with a full head of steam and bash into the two rear men. Brig takes her mace and takes of the leg of one of the soldiers and then knocks them in the face as you knock out the other using the butt of your sword.

"Come on, they are just over this." You boost Brigitte over the wall and she pulls you over. The two of you drop down and run in front of McCree and Tracer, shielding them from the heavy fire that was being put down on them.

"Thanks loves, these boxes were going to give sooner or later." Tracer says cheerfully to you two. You and Brigitte start to slowly push forward down the alley as Tracer and McCree return fire from the safety of the shield cover.

"Come on, we gotta get off the street. Talon forces will be at the area soon and we don't need to cause any more disruptions." McCree says after the opposition is put down. He and Tracer lead you and Brigitte to their safe house.