Chapter 22: A-Mei-Zing

Had to do some tinkering with the story so it took a tad bit longer than anticipated, but I hope you enjoy the story none the less. Thank you all for reading and, to remind you all again, feel free to ask something on my Q/A. Have a great day!

"God it is so cold."

"Awe, does little Shimada not like the chilly weather?" Brigitte asks him mockingly.

"We are in Antarctica! Of course I don't like the cold weather here!" He replies.

"Will you two quit arguing. Our transport is just up ahead." Lena says as the four of you walk down the road.

"I still can't get over that people live down here. An entire town based around science and whaling is quite impressive." You say as the city slowly comes to life.

"I can't get over that the sun never sets here. How do people get any sleep?" Genji asks as he looks up into the sky at the seemingly eternal sun.

"Here are our rides loves!" Lena says as she sprints forward. "Dibs on the yellow one!"

"Snowmobiles? This is awesome!" You say as the three of you job to catch up to Tracer. Once caught up, the three of you mount your individual snowmobiles and get ready to ride.

"Lena! Do you know where we are going?" Brigitte asks her over the sound of the revving engines.

"Winston gave me the coordinates of Ecopoint and it looks like it is not too far from here, but he said that it is hidden in a big case of ice! Just stick close to me loves and we will be there in no time!" The Brit zips off on her snowmobile and Genji speeds off after her.

"Race you there?" Brig asks with a smirk.

"Oh you are so on." The two of you race off to catch up to the others and head towards your destination.

Roughly an Hour Later

"There it is loves." You hear Lena say into your ear piece. A large mass of snow and ice forms in front of you, gleaming in the sun.

"You weren't lying about it being all ice." Genji says.

"Hope your blade is ready to do some chopping Shimada." You say over the comms with a chuckle. The four of you park at the wall of ice and stare up at it.

"Well, let's get to it loves." Tracer says. The four of you start to hack away at the thinnest layer of ice that you can find, slowing chipping away and forming an entrance to Ecopoint.

"Woah there take it easy!" You say as you come face to face with the barrel of a firearm once you finish breaking down the last part of the wall.

"Oh! It is you guys. Sorry." Mei says as she holsters her ice blaster. "Just can never be too careful these days you know."

"Mei!" Tracer runs up to the scientist and wraps her in hug. "It has been so long!"

"It is so good to see you Lena! You two Genji." She says with a cheery tone.

"Ooh Mei! Meet Brigitte and (Y/N)!" The two of you wave at Mei as Tracer introduces you both to her.

"It is great to meet you Mei. I read up on some of your works before and I must say that they are quite impressive." Brig says to her.

"Oh my gosh don't even get her started. She loves some of the work that you have done." You say from besides her.

"Thank you so much! You all must be starving after you trip here. Come, let's get something to eat." Mei says as she leads you into the survey station. She shows you around and then eventually leads the four of you into the kitchen "I'll whip up something for you guys! Sit tight." Mei goes to work and starts to prepare you guys as meal as the four of you take a seat.