Chapter 24: Taken

Hi. Sorry for the long wait on this chapter, but I had a ton of stuff happening in my life and you know...sadly this all has to come last. This is a shorter chapter, but I liked how I have it separated so this is how it is. I hope that you all enjoy. Much love as always.

You turn and watch as Brigitte is dragged off. Sprinting forward, you pull out your hatchet and throw up your now regenerated shield. Once in range, you bash your shield into one of the soldiers before slicing at the other.

"(Y/N)! Help!" You look up and see her being loaded into the back of a troop carrier. You sprint after it as it peels down the street, swerving to avoid parked cars.

"Let her go!" You scream as you press on, knowing your cries are hopeless. Eventually, the taillights of the vehicle fade and you fall to your knees in the middle of the street.

"She's gone. They...they took her." You stammer out as your stare at the cracked blacktop. Drops start to fall from your eyes as your hands begin to tremble. "No...no no no no!" You stand up and run down an alley, making turns and looking for familiar buildings.

"There it is." You burst open a door and find Lucio, Tracer, and Genji all standing around.

"You are back! We...we all split up and make our ways back here because well...we didn't want to get taken." Tracer says quietly in front of you. You look down at her then push past her.

"You." You march forward, eyes locked with Lucio's.

"Hey man what are you wow hey!"

"Listen here frog boy!" You yell as you pick Lucio up and pin him against the wall. "We are launching this raid now and I am leading it!"

"(Y/N) you need to calm down." You hear Tracer say next to you.

"Do not tell me to calm down!" You lash at her.

"You think I planned for Vishkar to come and take her? You think I wanted those people to get hurt?" He asks you as you hold him up to eye level. You stare at him coldly, eyes piercing into his.

"No." You drop him and take a step away. "I'm sorry...I...she"

"I get it man. I have lost people too to them, but we can't point fingers at each other or rush into this." Lucio says to you.

"I...yeah...yeah I guess." You say as you take a seat at a table and rub your face with your hands. You feel a hand rest on your shoulder and look up to see Genji.

"We will cut down the men that took her and the people that are holding the civilians here hostage." He says with a nod. You smile back up at him as Tracer takes a seat across from you.

"Besides, it is Brig! She probably already knocked in some guy's teeth already." She says with a smile. You shake your head and laugh lightly at the thought before turning to Lucio.

"I am sorry. I should not have lashed out like that." He skates over before putting his hand on your other shoulder and smiling down at you.

"What happened is a big deal, but we have a little plan in the works that could help get her back." He reassures you.

"Funny that you mention that...you have a workshop around here that I could use?" You him.

"Ooh he has that look in his eye!" Tracer says with enthusiasm.

"Look in my eye?"

"When you get one of your big ideas! Ooh Lucio you are going to love this!" She says as she jumped up and down in her seat. "Get him to a workbench right now!" She squeals. Lucio looks at Tracer nervously before looking at Genji. Genji gives him a nod and he gestures for you to follow him.