Chapter 20: Christmas

Christmas Eve

"I still can't get over how beautiful Gothenburg is this time of year."

"I know! I love it here so much. As great as other places are, nothing will beat home." Brigitte says as the two of you walk down the street holding each other's hand while taking in the sights. "Oooh gluhwein! (Y/N) you have got to try this." Brigitte drags you over to a vendor and orders two drinks for the both of you.

"What is it?" You ask as you take the hot beverage.

"Mulled wine. It is delicious." She says before taking a sip. 

"Oh my gosh...this is great." You say once you take a drink. The two of you sit on a bench and watch people pass by by.

"What a great way to spend Christmas Eve." Brigitte says as she leans her head on your shoulder and takes your free hand with hers. 

"It is perfect. They way the lights and decorations are shining, the gentle snow falling, and the most beautiful girl in the world by my side...kind of makes it seem like I am dreaming." You say with a chuckle. She smiles up at you after giving you a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Day after day you make me feel like this luckiest girl in the world." She says as she rests her head back on your shoulder. The two of you sit and talk for a bit as the world passes by.

"We should do that." She says as a couple walks by.

"Do what? Ice skating?"

"Yeah! Seeing them carrying their skates gave me the idea. Come on, the rink is just over there plus we can rent the skates. Pllleeeeaaassseee."

"I haven't skated in years Brig. I am going to be awful at it." She stands up and holds out her hand.

"I'll hold on to your hand, don't worry." She says with a giggle. You sigh, take her hand, and the two of go to rent the skates and make your way to the rink. 

"Come on just take my hand, don't be a baby." She laughs as you hold onto the wall.

"I don't want people to see me fall."

"Well people are seeing you hold onto the wall like a little kid." She says as she skates backwards in-front of you. "Here." She grabs your hand and drags onto the ice.

"Just don't let go." You whisper to her, causing her to laugh.

"Oh you are never going to live this one down." She says with a smirk. The two of you continue to skate around the rink until only the both of you remain.

"Looks like it is getting close to being time to head home." You say as you look around.

"One more lap?"

"Sure why not." You say with a shoulder shrug.

"Good." She says. Brigitte then lets go of you hand and gives you a push forward.

"Brig! What the hell!" You call out as you slowly glide forward on the ice.

"Turn (Y/N)! Don't hit the wall." She yells behind you. You kick your leg to turn, but slip and fall down onto the cold ice. You roll to your back and see Brigitte standing over you, laughing.

"Oh it is funny huh?" You ask. Before she can respond, you trip her and she falls on top of you. Her face a few inches from yours, she gives you a kiss on the cheek.

"It is still pretty funny." She says with a smile as she sits up on your stomach. You roll your eyes as she lets out a laugh.

"Whatever you say. Now come on, my back is getting cold." She helps you up and the two of you return your skates.